Can a woman run the US?

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
With the prep for the 08 elections coming up soon ... some interesting things might happen.
Time magazine is reporting that Hilary Clinton is in full swing to run for President. With Bill behind her offering free advice and the US ready for a major change, do you think she has a chance to win?

Then there is this report from today's CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/07/poll/index.html

I may be a sexist pig but, for some reason that I can't pinpoint, I wouldn't feel as comfortable with a women president and ESPECIALLY not with H. Clinton Von Witchdyke.

KILL TULLY said:
I may be a sexist pig but, for some reason that I can't pinpoint, I wouldn't feel as comfortable with a women president and ESPECIALLY not with H. Clinton Von Witchdyke.

Is she becomes president, I will seriously move to antoerh country. Everything will turn so liberal that we will not make any money because it will all go to the homeless or black or hispanic trash or hell white oklahoma/ arkansas trash that pop out twelve kids and neither parent work. She will destroy the country.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Is she becomes president, I will seriously move to antoerh country. Everything will turn so liberal that we will not make any money because it will all go to the homeless or black or hispanic trash or hell white oklahoma/ arkansas trash that pop out twelve kids and neither parent work. She will destroy the country.
oh shut the fuck up, democrats are not liberal :rolleyes:

she probably won't win, but if she does, i will probably be at least half as angry as i was after bush rigged election #2 :loco:

she's barely a democrat, not like i really differentiate that much
Molly Ivins said:
Published on Friday, January 20, 2006 by the Columbus Free Press (Ohio)
I Will Not Support Hillary Clinton for President
by Molly Ivins

I'd like to make it clear to the people who run the Democratic Party that I will not support Hillary Clinton for president.

Enough. Enough triangulation, calculation and equivocation. Enough clever straddling, enough not offending anyone This is not a Dick Morris election. Sen. Clinton is apparently incapable of taking a clear stand on the war in Iraq, and that alone is enough to disqualify her. Her failure to speak out on Terri Schiavo, not to mention that gross pandering on flag-burning, are just contemptible little dodges.

The recent death of Gene McCarthy reminded me of a lesson I spent a long, long time unlearning, so now I have to re-learn it. It's about political courage and heroes, and when a country is desperate for leadership. There are times when regular politics will not do, and this is one of those times. There are times a country is so tired of bull that only the truth can provide relief.

If no one in conventional-wisdom politics has the courage to speak up and say what needs to be said, then you go out and find some obscure junior senator from Minnesota with the guts to do it. In 1968, Gene McCarthy was the little boy who said out loud, "Look, the emperor isn't wearing any clothes." Bobby Kennedy -- rough, tough Bobby Kennedy -- didn't do it. Just this quiet man trained by Benedictines who liked to quote poetry.

What kind of courage does it take, for mercy's sake? The majority of the American people (55 percent) think the war in Iraq is a mistake and that we should get out. The majority (65 percent) of the American people want single-payer health care and are willing to pay more taxes to get it. The majority (86 percent) of the American people favor raising the minimum wage. The majority of the American people (60 percent) favor repealing Bush's tax cuts, or at least those that go only to the rich. The majority (66 percent) wants to reduce the deficit not by cutting domestic spending, but by reducing Pentagon spending or raising taxes.

The majority (77 percent) thinks we should do "whatever it takes" to protect the environment. The majority (87 percent) thinks big oil companies are gouging consumers and would support a windfall profits tax. That is the center, you fools. WHO ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

I listen to people like Rahm Emanuel superciliously explaining elementary politics to us clueless naifs outside the Beltway ("First, you have to win elections"). Can't you even read the damn polls?

Here's a prize example by someone named Barry Casselman, who writes, "There is an invisible civil war in the Democratic Party, and it is between those who are attempting to satisfy the defeatist and pacifist left base of the party and those who are attempting to prepare the party for successful elections in 2006 and 2008."

This supposedly pits Howard Dean, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, emboldened by "a string of bad news from the Middle East ... into calling for premature retreat from Iraq," versus those pragmatic folk like Steny Hoyer, Rahm Emmanuel, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Joe Lieberman.

Oh come on, people -- get a grip on the concept of leadership. Look at this war -- from the lies that led us into it, to the lies they continue to dump on us daily.

You sit there in Washington so frightened of the big, bad Republican machine you have no idea what people are thinking. I'm telling you right now, Tom DeLay is going to lose in his district. If Democrats in Washington haven't got enough sense to OWN the issue of political reform, I give up on them entirely.

Do it all, go long, go for public campaign financing for Congress. I'm serious as a stroke about this -- that is the only reform that will work, and you know it, as well as everyone else who's ever studied this. Do all the goo-goo stuff everybody has made fun of all these years: embrace redistricting reform, electoral reform, House rules changes, the whole package. Put up, or shut up. Own this issue, or let Jack Abramoff politics continue to run your town.

Bush, Cheney and Co. will continue to play the patriotic bully card just as long as you let them. I've said it before: War brings out the patriotic bullies. In World War I, they went around kicking dachshunds on the grounds that dachshunds were "German dogs." They did not, however, go around kicking German shepherds. The MINUTE someone impugns your patriotism for opposing this war, turn on them like a snarling dog and explain what loving your country really means. That, or you could just piss on them elegantly, as Rep. John Murtha did. Or eviscerate them with wit (look up Mark Twain on the war in the Philippines). Or point out the latest in the endless "string of bad news."

Do not sit there cowering and pretending the only way to win is as Republican-lite. If the Washington-based party can't get up and fight, we'll find someone who can.
there's one view

my personal view of why not is more along the lines of um, she's a united states politician.

@ cthulufhtagn: Thanks that was helpful, I don't keep up with US politics but after 2004 I had a feeling that the Democrats might not be offering a terribly strong opposition.

Reign in Acai said:
WTF are they then?!?!?
no they're liberal, right wing by my standards though

i've come to expect nothing from politics in general, people are so fucking stupid it's really only natural that our government is such a nightmare

I fear she will win the primary, but only because I believe she is unelectable. And since I also believe her nomination is the only thing that could prevent the Democrats from reclaiming the White House in '08, I will be rooting hard against her. That said, I believe this country would be in infinitely better condition had she been running this country for the last five plus years instead of the complete and total fuckwit we have now.

By the way, anyone who believes Hillary is some tree-hgging liberal, should really consider reading a newspaper sometime, rather than gathering all their political knowledge from 12 second soundbites on Fox News.

Zod

General Zod said:
By the way, anyone who believes Hillary is some tree-hgging liberal, should really consider reading a newspaper sometime, rather than gathering all their political knowledge from 12 second soundbites on Fox News.

Zod
SERIOUSLY

cthulufhtagn said:
i've come to expect nothing from politics in general, people are so fucking stupid it's really only natural that our government is such a nightmare

:kickass:

cthulufhtagn said:
no they're liberal, right wing by my standards though

I hear ye brother! Republicans are far too left by mine.

If Hilary won, it would simply be Bill Clinton running the show again. And I guess everyone's completely and conveniently forgotten how AWESOME the economy was while he was President. We wouldn't be paying $2.50 a gallon for gas, for sure.

But no, she will not win, because people would rather have a my pals ET.

J. said:
If Hilary won, it would simply be Bill Clinton running the show again. And I guess everyone's completely and conveniently forgotten how AWESOME the economy was while he was President. We wouldn't be paying $2.50 a gallon for gas, for sure.

That's exactly what would happen ... the recent Time magazine front page article outlined the very same thing. Hilary would be getting basically free advice from pimp daddy.

Hey, if we elected Bush after the disaster that was his father less than a decade before ... why can't we elect Hilary after the smoking good time that were the Clinton years.

My friend was saying that when Indira Ghandi was running India, men were shaking in their boots in her presence ...

TBH, I would vote for Hilary ... I prety much KNOW exactly what to expect from her ...

The 08 election will be one for the history books, no matter who wins ... the race will make for great excitement.

cthulufhtagn said:
oh shut the fuck up, democrats are not liberal :rolleyes:

Dude what the fuck are you talking about Hillary is the biggest fucking Liberal to ever walk the fucking earth. Have you ever even paid attention to her?? She wants to give everyone everything for free. I for one am not working to pay for everyone elses kids. Its not the villages responsibility to raise the child its the parents. Its survival of the fittest , not survival of everyone becase thats what is fair. Life is not fair. Earn your way or die. Im not responsible for those people that pump out a ton of kids and dont wanna work or say they cant work because of a hang nail they got at their last job . If everyones agenda is to pay for everyone else int he US thats fine but I for one know that she is twenty times worse than Bill would, will , or ever be. Doesnt really matter anyway. Whoever wins everyone will be bitching about that person in 6 months anyway. I will vote this next election just to vote against Hillary Clinton. I would rather vote for a three legged dog with a hardon. How fucking south of the border are you anyway??

yeah, paying for ol' three-toothed jeb's rifle so he can shoot sand my pals, astronomical gas prices, and medical bills for quadriplegic veterans is totally better than pumping money into education and welfare reform.

let me guess, you dont have a family.

it's amazing to me that americans dont want to help themselves.