can anyone help with suggestions for getting me out of my p.c. sound recording mayhem

is the platinum an audigy 2?? i've had some great fun with my audigy2, loadsa bells and whistles to play with but the 5:1 is a bit of a rip-off I hear, altho i never use it

Bambi said:
this is the problem with mac users, their answer to everything is to a buy a mac, creative make some nifty sound-cards but they over charge for them and the plus! series aint one of those cards

to start with yep get a mac, but apple dont make soundcards and creative cards dont work on macs and are cheap compared to M-Audio's firewires with faster sampling rates and theyre for macs, even Lidl are selling creative gear!!

i think the difference would be along the lines of high output quality in my card 24bits/96KHz but for playback only! i dont know the input quality. and with a professional sound card like what you might have in yer mac would be high input and output. but thats on a real professionaly level of sound quality. a standardish card ( like micks ) should be able to do pretty good sound recording and playback.

ikeaboy said:
to start with yep get a mac, but apple dont make soundcards and creative cards dont work on macs and are cheap compared to M-Audio's firewires with faster sampling rates and theyre for macs, even Lidl are selling creative gear!!
most creative kit is definitely over priced for what you get tho, i wouldnt have any creative gear if i hadnt got it at a knock off price from a source, wink wink nudge nudge, say no more, nice little earner, luvvely jubeely sorted etc

lidl do some good kit for nifty prices tho sometimes, dont knock em!!

creative for the games industry and thats as far as it goes, id only go to Lidl to get food if i was trying to cut corners, their cdrs ar alrite too, but not for a soundcard :lol:

theyre building a Lidl here too, damn they pulled out of joe dolans town, cant wait for the store to open, ill be there with my trolley to stock up on cdrs haha

good oul lidl ( aldi )
no its audigy platinum 1 with mp3+ or something i dunno.
you do notice the difference though at first i didnt bother to put it into the machine and just used the speakers and onboard 5.1. when you turn them up half way distiortion kicks in. now after putting in the card i turn it up three quarters way and the speakers only start to distort. need bigger speakers :D i got mine cheap too :D i like to wake to the neighbors when they start at the punching bag at 4am :D

StevenK said:
lacie ;) but hey, i have to wait 3 weeks to see how much money i have left and by then i have to see whats for sale there, so this probably be gone by then. where my mate works they have a dual G5 that they use for all their video rendering :D
ive got an creative audigy platinum sound card but ive never tried anything with it :)
i know its got a real good snr and you can hear the difference when you turn up the speakers but thats it

ah yea but keep an eye on it on buy and sell, take his number down, i could help u out with it if u dont need the tablet etc, so ull get it cheaper, ill have a look, want to know if its the recent model etc, ive seen stuff there for weeks like, so u might be lucky

stevo did u add me 2 ur msn, cos sum1 did, thought it might be sum1 dodgy so i blocked them, is it you?

ikeaboy said:
creative for the games industry and thats as far as it goes, id only go to Lidl to get food if i was trying to cut corners, their cdrs ar alrite too, but not for a soundcard :lol:
he he i do use if for gaming tho, creative sound, creative video, creative headphones etc all at "competitive" prices muhahahha

obviously if you wanna do professional quality sound recording, you'll want a pro card just like you arent gonna go doing pro video editing on an nvidia geforce card. for most of us punters tho its a waste of spondoolicks

i reckon youre still off yer biccie from all that e ye bought outside the redbox :ill:

yeah i did but im in college till 5 behind firewall etc so cant use it here. lookalliwantisapassAThotmailDOTcom i think ill go buy that yoke anyways if im stuck for money ill sell myself or something :D

yeah i did but im in college till 5 behind firewall etc so cant use it here. lookalliwantisapassAThotmailDOTcom i think ill go buy that yoke anyways if im stuck for money ill sell myself or something :D

Bambi said:
i reckon youre still off yer biccie from all that e ye bought outside the redbox :ill:

:lol: why u say dat now? nah that'd b mad brian, he got sum in der, i dont do that sort of thing no more :p though im still of my bic frm what my eyes saw in there, oh those women ;)

ikeaboy said:
:lol: why u say dat now? nah that'd b mad brian, he got sum in der, i dont do that sort of thing no more :p though im still of my bic frm what my eyes saw in there, oh those women ;)
Well, our eyes witness loads of farting Ronnie Drew lookalikes. I bet you're jealous aye?

toolsofthetrade said:
works brilliant on panther that one. proper buy, me mates got it. vewwy happy boy :)

i hope he can put to good use, unlike the dribbley mp3's i found on your site mate :lol:

and this works brilliant on paper also