Can I just say...................

Fingers

Jan 9, 2003
West Sussex
Visit site
A couple of points about the Astoria show on Friday, and before I start yes I got involved in the pit, yes I enjoy a good wild night down the front but.................

Why do people think it's clever when the lights go down to chuck almost full cans of lager around, I got caught full in the face with one on Friday and can't say I was best pleased, luckily my glasses took the brunt of the impact.

There are two points to be made about this.

1/ Its a waste of Beer

2/ And two its fucking dangerous.

Anyway rant over. The gig was fantastic, and the pit was one of the best ever with the obvious exception above.

:heh:

I have a rant about the Astoria also - why do silly little boys think it's 'hard' to pick on females in the pit.
Don't get me wrong i can handle myself -otherwise I wouldn't be in there- but some fucktard thought it would be a good idea to follow me round the pit shoving me over and laughing.

He got his in the end - he picked on the wrong girl.

yeah there were some dicks in th crowd that night for sure, got ay annoyed with a couple of people....

i think some dudes pick on the chicks in there cos they know they can beat up no one else,

my personal gripe for the night tho, goes against the twat in the pit, who was getting fuckin shitty at anyone knocking into his girlfirend so he spent the whole night making a barrier around her and protecting her, fair enough eh didn't want big dudes bouncing into her, but fuck man, go stand somewher else you dumb fuck, then yer bird wouldn't get hit by crowd surfers, you wouldn;t get lairy, and i would have to fuckin batter your arms out the way !!!!

in conclusion: some moshers are stoopid :)

the best place for you to stand is where you feel comfortable and yuo are gonna have fun huh, toi stand near the front where you clearly don't want anyone bumping into you, is clearly not the wisest plan !! :)

some of the chicks in there wer the most mental people there ;)

mmm yeah there do appear to have been a few knobs at gigs recently, generally they get theirs fromsomeone tho :)

you know i may well have seen ya, there were only a coule o people on shoulders during that song as i recall......i was down at thefront, couple o rows in opposite scotty..... does that sound nearby!?!?!?

ahhhh black lodge gave me chills AGAIN :) good ole twin peaks eh :)

Yep, I saw you.

Have to say even with the odd arsehole, the Astoria crowd was the friendliest mosh I've encountered in London for a long time.

A couple of gigs I've been to recently have seen the most ridiculously aggressive, kung-fu style-kicking dancing (replace with posing), which seems to be popular amongst the hardcore crowd and making it's way into metal. I've nothing against hardcore, but as your mother would say "they'll have someone's eye out!"

what gigs were they!?!?! sounda like a hardcord show to me !! kids that do that kung fu shit near me , get a bop in the face i tell ya !! its crazy,

like you say it was a freindly mosh, mostly jumpng up n down, no punching or anything stoiopid like that, mainlypeoplejust having fun :) swhat its all about tho huh

angelicupstart said:
I have a rant about the Astoria also - why do silly little boys think it's 'hard' to pick on females in the pit.
Don't get me wrong i can handle myself -otherwise I wouldn't be in there- but some fucktard thought it would be a good idea to follow me round the pit shoving me over and laughing.

He got his in the end - he picked on the wrong girl.

I think he fell in love at the rockshow!!!!!!!:)

Yep i was bewteen Scott and Bush singing my heart out to Black Lodge - i've got long red hair and had a haunted shirt on.

I really enjoy going down the front as over the last 15 years i've had a good time and people were always willing to help each other out if they fall over etc. Unfortunetly that doesn't happen now.

hahahah wicked it was you then !! :) hahah cool

i have chatted to a lot of people in here that must have been about one or two people away from em att he different shows, mad we weer all so close, but only chatting thorugh this site !!!

ah well next time :)

hahahahaa sounds good to me !! defo gonna get up to wolverhampton too as long s they play there next time again :)

heh heh well hopefully only a few months to wait to find out, defo had a wicked time travelling up to bradford and bristol this time round, if only to see different venues, be wicked to check out wolves too, and manchester for that matter too

but yeah think we should do a bit better at the hook ups next time round huh :)

did anyone see the guy in the indian headdress at the london show :) heh heh cracked me up. old skool :)