I just saw Anthrax!

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
Howdy Folks, now i know this aint metal but i saw the Thrax about an hour and a half ago and im now home. To cut a very long story short i busted my ankle a couple of weeks ago and jumping about in the pit was agony but i survived (with the aid of many fine beers)... Now this aint gonna be comprehensive by any stretch of the imagination but fuck it here is how the night went.....

Into
Blues Bros
Contact
What doesnt die
Superhero
Caught in a mosh
Got the time
think about an end
In my world
Inside out
NFL
Black lodge
Bring the Noize
Im the Man
1000 points of hate
Gung ho

I know i have missed a couple of songs here and there but this is the basic set list as it stands....Im sure many of my Glasweigan friends will fill in the blanks....

The back drop they used was a picture of Jake from Raging Bull by the way....
( i cannot believe that Among the Living and I am The Law got dropped, but gung ho was a pretty good substitute)

For all those about to rock to the Thrax, Jockthrax salutes u.........

hey MAN!! Fuck I just got back! I was to fucked to go anywhere after. Did you see me? did I see you? I was wearing a Stomp 442 shirt and had a red long sleeve tshirt underneath! I was right at the front in the middle...also Im chinese so not too hard to spot! fucking anthrax man!

They also played
Only
Bring the Noize
Safe Home
Anti social
Fueled

ANTHRAX FUCKING RULE!

Kaiyan my friend i did spot you, I passed u on the stairs. You were wearing the same Stomp 442 shirt as me. Were we not he coolest mother fuckers in the whole damn place...

Jockthrax said:
Kaiyan my friend i did spot you, I passed u on the stairs. You were wearing the same Stomp 442 shirt as me. Were we not he coolest mother fuckers in the whole damn place...

Apparently the fashion police don't want you to wear Anthrax shirts to Anthrax shows, so no, you weren't.
rolleyes.gif

Im am very sorry to all those I offended with my Anthrax shirt at the Anthrax show tonight. I will now retreat to my cave in the hills and beat my sore ankle with a rubber hose pipe. What was i thinking???

Ragamuffin said:
Call me an idiot but what exactly is 'Blues Bros'?

For a long time Anthrax used the Blues Brothers' "I can't turn you loose" for their intro. They dropped it during the Stomp tour and picked it back up during Volume 8. I am pretty sure they used it during all of the SOWN tour. If I can find the words I will post them.

It's something like this. It's missing the first couple of lines.

You know so much of the music we hear today is pre-programmed electronic disco. We never get a chance to hear master blues men practicing their craft anymore.
By the near 2006 the music known today as the blues will exist only in the classical records department of your local public library.
So tonight, ladies and gentlemen, while we still can,
let us welcome from Rock Island, Illinois, the blues band of Joliet Jake and Elwood Blues,
the Blues Brothers.

jdelpi said:
For a long time Anthrax used the Blues Brothers' "I can't turn you loose" for their intro. They dropped it during the Stomp tour and picked it back up during Volume 8. I am pretty sure they used it during all of the SOWN tour. If I can find the words I will post them.

when i saw em on the KILLER A'S tour, they used "uncle fuka" from south park the movie.

Bugger.

Missed half the concert - had to leave early coz of an injury to one of the people I was with.

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Anyways, apologies to anyone who was injured in the pit as a result of myself or my (incredible misunderstood) friends.

God bless beer.

Didn't hear a "Mon the Anthrax" incidentally....

Hmmm.

Gung Ho is lame......Dude you've got serious problems if you think that is lame ???!!!!!!!

People who attended the gig - what sort of turnout did it get ?

I thought it was the most disappointing gig of my life! :(

I've been into Anthrax since before Spreading the Disease came out, saw them in '86 supporting Metallica and '87 with Testament and after the Motorhead support gig last year, where they played quite a few old classics like Among the living, Indians and I am the Law, expected them to add even more older stuff since they were headlining and would have a much longer set. How wrong could i be... they dropped all those songs in favour of even more rap metal and generic nu metal crap! :bah:

John Bush going on about the "old school" fans and how they played Scotland in '86 with Metallica was just taking the pish. :rolleyes:

I like some of the newer stuff too, but most folk around me in the pit were definintely giving the best reaction for the couple of older tracks they played + the few decent new tracks, all the older fans just seemed to be waiting and waiting for old shit and it (almost) never came... thank fuck they finally played Gung ho and it got the best reception of the night. :)

I saw Exodus in Bradford last year and they were amazing, playing all the old 80's stuff which made them what they are, the Anthrax show was like Slayer not playin' Reign in blood, Hell awaits or Angel of death. :cry: