How many think "Bring the Noize" should be dropped from the setlist?

Fazelinear

New Metal Member
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
I DO!

I think Anthrax is an amazing live band. John Bush (IMO) is an incredible frontman and the rest of the band is smoking live. Everytime I seen them they are right on it. But, they always leave (IMO) with a downer by ending the set with "Bring the Noize"

I was at The Thrash of the Titans and Anthrax was so amazing that night. It was the first time I seen Bush belt out classics like "Metal Thrashing Mad" and "Gung-ho" The pit was very active during the set. But when they ended their set with "Noize" the pit died down quite a bit. I even heard many people grumble about them to even play a song like that on a night like that. And I felt the same way a few months ago when I saw them open for Priest. So I know I'm not alone when it comes to not wanting to hear that song live. I was wondering if any hard-core Thrax fans feel the same way.

I do not. However, "Got the Time" needs to go. Also, I was glad they ended with "Only" last time I saw them after playing "Bring the Noise."

It's been my experience that "Bring the Noise" tends to bring out the best of the crowd. Maybe that's different elsewhere.

If Chuck Dee isn't on stage with them, then the song needs to go! I wasn't crazy about the song to begin with. With some many great Metal classics in their catalog, you'd think they'd play something else!

Yes, as a huge fan, when they're only playing 7 or 8 songs as an opening act, there are so many other tracks that I'd rather hear.

No, as it is probably the most recognizable song to the casual fan. You can't not play your "hit" (and to all English teachers out there...yes, I know that was a double negative). It's gotta stay in the rotation until they have some other huge hit that gets lots of radio play. I am still waiting for hell to freeze over.

Bring The Noise kicks ass live, I remember John always jumping from the high speakers to the crowd. Of course it might have been better with Chuck but I can´t see any reason why they should drop this one or Got The Time which kicks ass too.

Yes, I too think that considering the songs Anthrax has to choose from that they should take "Bring the Noise" off the set list! The song just doesn't have the power it needs without Chuck D on stage, and the fact that Anthrax could play so many other songs leaves me wanting more. However, I also think that Anthrax can play whatever they want live, if they have to keep "Bring the Noise" in the setlist, then I'll forgive them. It is still a good song for them to perform live.

Songs I wish Anthrax would add to their setlist

1-Invisible
2-Hog Tied
3-Potters Field
4-Burst
5-This is not a exit
6-Tester

If they headline they can play a lot longer. So when they do, they should practice and prepare about forty songs and change up the set list every night. The hardcore fans who will go see them two or three nights in a row will get a different show each night. The band will get the benefit of something new each niight and keep them from burning out on a long tour. Plus we are then likely to hear some classics that have been shelved for a while.

Everyone wins.

keep it..........BUSH rules on that rap....although it is a little wierd to hear him say "radio stations, i question there blackness. they call themselves black, but we'll see if they play this!" ....it just fits angry ole chuck d better....... it still rules.

All though it's not the same without Flava and Chuck D, they should LEAVE IT IN THE SET, because 'Bring the Noise' RULES!

They should also add a lot more Persistence of Time :hotjump: songs to the set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They played "Tester" the first coupla nights of the Stomp 442 tour w/ LOA and the Deftones, but then it was dropped. I have a boot somewhere with "Tester." The reason they dropped it was prolly that the crowd wasn't getting into it, but that doesn't hold a lot of water w/ me, because I went to some early shows on the Stomp tour, and the crowd didn't react well to *any* of the new songs, because most of the people weren't even aware that they had a new record out. That's how bad it was for Stomp 442, the crowds thought they must be out on the 8th leg of the Sound of White Noise tour. After the show at the meet and greet people were literally asking Charlie "so, you guys have a new record??" It was rather bizarre watching an entire crowd just stand around when Anthrax opened up with the first 3 songs on the new record (an old Huser Du trick)........

Hi!
I think "Bring Tha Noize" is one of their best tracks but i miss PE when they perform it live. No "Bring The Noize" without Chuck D.
They should play "In A Zone" instead of "Noize".

Peace!
Thrashard

I also think "I'm the man" is not the same without Belladonna behind the drum-kit. I miss the "Joey F**k Up!"-Shouts on this one. Or "Joey f***ed up already!".

Minus "Bring Tha Noize"
Minus "I'm the man"
makes room for 2 more in their set-list.

Peace!
Thrashard

Originally posted by jdelpi
I do not. However, "Got the Time" needs to go. Also, I was glad they ended with "Only" last time I saw them after playing "Bring the Noise."

It's been my experience that "Bring the Noise" tends to bring out the best of the crowd. Maybe that's different elsewhere.
I'm with Justin here. Got The Time should go. Don't even think about dropping Bring The Noise. To me it's one of the best songs they could end with.

Bring The Noise stays, it's worth it for Charlie's double bass where the "stereo" bass is on the studio track. Not a big fan of "Got The Time" live. Metal Thrashing Mad ruled last time I saw them, so did Caught in a Mosh. Among The Living can go too. I'd like to see Now It's Dark live. Some songs just work better live and some sound better on the albums, dunno why.