I just saw Anthrax!

Turn out was pretty good i'd say tho ive never been to the barrowlands before, definatly 1000+ tho i was pretty drunk. Kaiyan, i saw you in that rock cafe on hope street and was actually going to ask wher the fuck the barrowlands was, but some old drunk guy sitting next to us explained in about 30mins! (i was whereing a ride the lightening shirt) Great gig, and holy fuck mendeed where fucking great! The first band were ok, but mendeed where fucking class, they will do well. Sign of a good gig, can't breate, can't hear anything, can't move properly :)

adios.
Peter.

hey muppet_pastor, I was at rufus ts...not at the solid. I meant to go to the solid but somehow I ended at rusfus ts. unless you meant rufus ts..because I did see a guy wearing a Ride the lightning tshirt and kinda thought it may be you!

Yes, the attendance was huge...at the start it was pretty average but well, as the time drew close the whole place was packed!

They played a combo of Bring the Noize and I am the Man. It was brilliant!

They played Uncle fucka as the outro.

I preferred the firt band actually, god player...Mendeed didnt get much time I thought..then again I was moving around that time about the place.

Also I was the coolest fucker in the place as I was wearing my SOD Live At The Budokan shirt.
headbob.gif

It's just local bands who are supporting throughout the UK tour. Godplayer were brilliant, seen them 5-6 times but they were at there best last night with some decent equipment.

they played metal thrashing mad as well
did anyone else meet rob when he came out i got pictures and he signed my ticket
what a great show i thought godplayer were brilliant and mendeed were all right i was right at the frot for anthrax, the little cunt in a godplayer t shirt that kept getting checked out by security to see if i was all right big up pissface cuz no one has ever ripped me like that before thanx

Im just home from the Glasgow Gig and it was superb. Godplayer were sound but mendeed were pretty poor. I was at the Motorhead gig which was great but they were just getting going when it finished. I really wished theyd played among the living and Im the law last night, they rule live

Gentlemen i was at the front to the left in front of rob taking a fair few photos and i got the 'mon the anthrax' in a couple of times but it probably wasnt heard. And ukhc that was a fuckin class gig. stop moanin that they didnt play this and they didnt play that, i was well pleased they played fueled and 1000 points, those are two cracking tunes. It wasnt a nostalgia tour for cryin out loud. It was way better than the armadillo gig. And the support acts were fuckin good a'naw

my god, i have to see im the man live, i love that mother fucking song! i wanna see A I R and amoung the living, but even if i miss those, dude its still gonna rock my fucking world. If my dad doesnt let me go to this im sneakin out cause i got to see it. I told him how this concert is like a 9 on a scale of 1-5 and its the same league as slayer, other minor concerts im like ok ill stay and i do. but dude this...........this is monster.

i loved the gig i got loads of photos too and i agree it wasnt a nostalgia tour they played all their good shit old and new like NFL and im the man which are great songs and i got caught up in the pit during superhero and got the time what a fuckin gig i loved godplayer and mendeed were ok so a great night indeed

Are you having a laugh? "The played all their good shit old and new"? Have you ever seen them before or got any of their old thrash albums? :rolleyes:

Fair enough it wasn't a nostalgia tour, but even Slayer, Metallica etc. keep the 80's classics in their set to keep the old fans happy. Anthrax played more fuckin' rap metal than they did thrash.... and to think they USED to be one of the best thrash bands around. :(

People who are complaining about the setlist should shut the fuck up. They've been playing the same old set for years, it finally changes and people still moan. Just be happy that it's different(and there's no shit medley's- thank you Scott)

The set as far as I'm concerned in Dublin couldn't have been better with the possible inclusion of Madhouse. That song and perhaps Panic would have made the set orgasmic. Support bands we had were Coldwar and some other band who I couldn't make out the name of when the vocalist announced it. We thought they were good until Thrax came on and blew the fuck out of them.