I just saw Anthrax!

I was also was there and it was the best fucking night ever and I can't wait till they come back later this year. I thought the support bands were pretty shit though.

I hung around outside aswell to get signed and met all the guys ( I was determined to meet Scott Ian ).

Anyhow I have one question....what was the name of the song that goes 'ooooollayy', I cant remember for the life of me. Thanks in advance for resting my mind.

Anyway....top night!

They might not be singing most of teh new stuff cause they might tour here again in a few months

Don't see why they wouldent nuclear blast is european so there bound to be over here more than they use to

*crosses fingers and hopes that they will*

I thought this gig in glasgow was a good kick ass metal show.bit dissapointed didnt play as much old stuff an opted for the slower new album material.crowd was full off energy but it was very young crowd.band look like a well workin metal unit again an it was better than the tour with motorhead.Also as personaly note Charlie Benante stole my god damm gig pen!!!!!!!!!!

Metal thrashing mad, i think the song you may be reffering to is ONLY. I cannot believe that some people were dissapointed with the set. I have now saw Anthrax four times and each time (apart from last night) the have played ATL and I am the Law.It was fantastic to hear songs like 1000 Points again and the people who are going to see the tour in the next few days are in for a real treat.

just to let everyone know i will get the photos that i took papped onto a cd then put them onto the site for you all to have a gander at. Glasgow guys will know what i am talking about. Oh and by the way I do have ALL of the albums so i pretty much know the music inside out. Heres a thought. The change in the set list from previous gig i was at was a welcome twist whch allowed me to enkoy the gig even more.

metal up ur ass said:
Also as personaly note Charlie Benante stole my god damm gig pen!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Milano gave away my Sharpie
mad.gif

ukhc said:
I thought it was the most disappointing gig of my life! :(

I've been into Anthrax since before Spreading the Disease came out, saw them in '86 supporting Metallica and '87 with Testament and after the Motorhead support gig last year, where they played quite a few old classics like Among the living, Indians and I am the Law, expected them to add even more older stuff since they were headlining and would have a much longer set. How wrong could i be... they dropped all those songs in favour of even more rap metal and generic nu metal crap! :bah:

John Bush going on about the "old school" fans and how they played Scotland in '86 with Metallica was just taking the pish. :rolleyes:

I like some of the newer stuff too, but most folk around me in the pit were definintely giving the best reaction for the couple of older tracks they played + the few decent new tracks, all the older fans just seemed to be waiting and waiting for old shit and it (almost) never came... thank fuck they finally played Gung ho and it got the best reception of the night. :)

I saw Exodus in Bradford last year and they were amazing, playing all the old 80's stuff which made them what they are, the Anthrax show was like Slayer not playin' Reign in blood, Hell awaits or Angel of death. :cry:

I am very happy that Anthrax doesn't count to 80's metal anymore. Dinosaurs are left only in museum, give us the new stuff!

i gave rob my pen and yes i have seen them before but they played almost no pre john bush stuff when i last saw them on fri they played efilnikufesin and gung ho and got the time and im the man and caught in a mosh and metal thrashing mad that is some of their good old shit

Just be thankful that Anthrax doesn't take the Fates Warning route when it comes to the set list, as Fates Warning cannot remember whether or not they even existed before 1991, and therefore choose to ignore their best albums, all 5 of them between 1984 and 1989.

"I am the Law" and "Among the Living" are classics, but if they opt for some rare gems of that period instead, there should not be any complaints.

"1000 Points of Hate" and "Black Lodge" ....... nice choices as well. I think I'm gonna have to see multiple shows just to catch all the songs I wanna hear.

thraxhead

Oh man, i hope they come back soon! Im eagerly waiting now.

Yup, Jockthrax is correct, it was OOOOONLY!! My favourite Anthrax song of all time! Fantastic. By the way Jockthrax, did you see one of the roadies try to do a stage dive and it went wrong? I missed it! Maybe due to the fact someone was flying over my head that time!
Room for one more is being blasted out my speakers the now! I wouldve loved it if they played that song! oh well. Cant have it all can we?

That wasn't a roadie, that was my mate Rab who works for CPL and he was on the guest list. He was watching from the side and decided to take a dive and fucked it up. I was talking to him about it later on in the Cathouse.

the thrax totally kicked ass in the ambassador in Dublin
supported by coldwar and some other band
similar setlists to the other dates. GUNG HO! nice!
my mate gave them his demo and apparamtly scott is gonna review it for him.
best gig so far this year
favourite song of the night nfl/caught in a mosh
i was displeased at the failure to play among the livivg
ah well
still f*ckin rocked

Pitstarter said:
Ooooooo I dispute that good sir!!!

I was shouting it quite a lot, but my voice kinda dwindled during the evening's entertainment!

Anyway, did you not see my mate hoisting my saltire up during black lodge? I scrawled 'C'mon The Anthrax' across that!!!

Mwah?

I missed it totally dude.... dammit!!!!

If anyone out there has a pic of this phenomenon, GET IT POSTED!!!!

Anyway, probably I good thing - I was hammered and decided I was gonna grab the first person I heard shout it and punt then onto the stage (just to be sociable like, you understand.)

BTW - someone please remind me to drink more before I get to the Barras next time, wasn't too pleased at the price (or the range) of the booze at the bar.

im gonna drink a few before i leave on friday to catch the train then im gonna drink some more on the 2 hour train ride and then some more when im waiting to get in :) nothing worse than haveing a dry throat in the middle of a gig

ukhc said:
I thought it was the most disappointing gig of my life! :(

I've been into Anthrax since before Spreading the Disease came out, saw them in '86 supporting Metallica and '87 with Testament and after the Motorhead support gig last year, where they played quite a few old classics like Among the living, Indians and I am the Law, expected them to add even more older stuff since they were headlining and would have a much longer set. How wrong could i be... they dropped all those songs in favour of even more rap metal and generic nu metal crap! :bah:

John Bush going on about the "old school" fans and how they played Scotland in '86 with Metallica was just taking the pish. :rolleyes:

I like some of the newer stuff too, but most folk around me in the pit were definintely giving the best reaction for the couple of older tracks they played + the few decent new tracks, all the older fans just seemed to be waiting and waiting for old shit and it (almost) never came... thank fuck they finally played Gung ho and it got the best reception of the night. :)

I saw Exodus in Bradford last year and they were amazing, playing all the old 80's stuff which made them what they are, the Anthrax show was like Slayer not playin' Reign in blood, Hell awaits or Angel of death. :cry:

i just bought my tickets for the anthrax show in montreal and i'm starting to be afraid not to like the show :|
i hope i'll enjoy the good ol thrash classics enough to make up for those mediocre songs like bring the noise...