Can I start a thread about Gamma Ray's Majestic?

LOOKS LIKE A HEAVY METAL BAND TO ME...

gammaray.jpg

OK here we go, in this order:

1. Land of the Free
2. Majestic (just because it's new and I'm over excited :loco: )
3. Somewhere out in Space
4. No World Order
5. Powerplant

All pretty fucken cool putting them in that top 5 euro power metal bands category (along with Helloween, Blind Guardian, etc).

Haven't heard the 2 others with that Ralph dude though....

Yeah, true, same with every band on the planet fyi.

Good Gamma Ray songs:

"Rebellion in Dreamland" = 10/10 (what an anthem for the ages)
"Land of the Free"
"Abyss of the Void"
"Somewhere out in Space"
"The Winged Horse" <- holy shit I love this Rainbow tribute
"Lake of Tears"
"My Temple" <- the first track off the new album, RAVIOLI? HOLY CANOLI!!!!!

Still not following....even Iron Maiden (the greatest band that has ever existed) have some real diabolical songs, even the stuff with Bruce at the helm.

Put it this way, the great Gamma Ray songs are SO FUCKEN GREAT that it outweighs whatever dodgy shit they've got. It's no wonder they headline festivals....good for 'em. :kickass:

I love Gamma Ray* and sorta want to hear the new one. Can you upload the best track, JK?

I'm actually on a semi-power metal kick today, listening to a ton of 80s Savatage, Maiden, hell, even a little Blind Guardian!

*but then again, I'm gay

JayKeeley said:
OK here we go, in this order:

1. Land of the Free
2. Majestic (just because it's new and I'm over excited :loco: )
3. Somewhere out in Space
4. No World Order
5. Powerplant

All pretty fucken cool putting them in that top 5 euro power metal bands category (along with Helloween, Blind Guardian, etc).

Haven't heard the 2 others with that Ralph dude though....

1. Land Of The Free
2. Heading For Tomorrow (when you will listen to it you will realize why)
3. Insanity And Genious
4. Somewhere Out In Space
.. the rest

"Majestic" is VERY good indeed.

People who listen to black metal, radiohead, or anathema and calling Gamma Ray "queer" and "gay" are developing a new joke sensation. Continue.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Heading For Tomorrow & Insanity and Genius FUCKING SUCK. I mean, THEY REALLY FUCKING SUCK.

I have every single Gamma Ray album, and consider myself a pretty decent fan of the band, and there's no ways around it, those 2 albums fucking blow.

IOfTheStorm said:
1. Land Of The Free
2. Heading For Tomorrow (when you will listen to it you will realize why)
3. Insanity And Genious
4. Somewhere Out In Space
.. the rest

Hmmm....one of the reasons I like Gamma Ray is because of Kai Hansen so I just avoided the albums that didn't have him on vox.

"Majestic" is VERY good indeed.

I'm surprised at JUST HOW good it is.

People who listen to black metal, radiohead, or anathema and calling Gamma Ray "queer" and "gay" are developing a new joke sensation. Continue.

I don't think they're being serious just because it makes no sense. I mean, I listen to black metal, radiohead, and anathema....and can still dig me some Gamma Ray etc.

I mean, Zod calling Gamma Ray generic....and Krigloch thinking they're overrated.... :lol: It's just funny because of who that's coming from.

Kai Hansen is a fucken pioneer, a god among insects. :kickass:

NP -- Darkthrone - "The Cult of Goliath"...no wait, just finished...."Too Old Too Cold" kicked in.....I NEED MORE BEER!! BLAAARGHHHH !!! :kickass: