Can I start a thread about Gamma Ray's Majestic?

Dick Sirloin said:
I love Gamma Ray* and sorta want to hear the new one. Can you upload the best track, JK?

OK here is an upload -- very simply, it's track #1 on the album.

While you're downloading, consider the following:

1 - Dave Mustaine can learn a lesson or two from Kai Hansen's riffs. Likewise, it's interesting how Kai is beginning to sound more and more like Mustaine -- particularly on the verses, and he's been doing this since NWO.

2 - The piano in the chorus rules, but then of course it would.

3 - Henjo Richter and Hansen are playing Friedman/Mustaine in that love/hate guitar duelling thing. They are the perfect MEGADETH follow up because, let's face it, Gamma Ray are speed metal fucken deluxe.

4 - Richter's obession with Richie Blackmore is fine by me. Listen to his solo and it's RAINBOW all over again.

5 - This song is the fookin' fury. :kickass:

"MY TEMPLE":

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZJCVWP2FZR3Y0WQUQYOYZG3SH

One more thing: :kickass:

I listened to Gamma Ray several times this week!

I speak of the Josh Homme post-Kyuss pre-Queens of the Stone Age project for which Ramma Gay successfully sued him over.

I can't believe I'm enjoying this. Well yes I can, it's pretty good!

Ummm, these vocals aren't bad at all. They aren't good, but I always expected Grim Reaper type shit which, well, the :ill: and :yuk: emoticons could assfuck until the cows came home and the bloody mess left would not even sort of equate to that kind of pig vomit.

Yeah that was really good! Didn't much care for the keyboards, but they were pretty reserved so that's alright.

Hey maybe you should wink wink nudge nudge upload an entire Gamma Ray album for me to check out, yeah? :Spin:

I like Powerslave! It had something that the other albums I've heard were lacking. I don't know what. Maybe... the gay gene, I'm not quite sure.

NADatar said:
Yeah that was really good! Didn't much care for the keyboards, but they were pretty reserved so that's alright.

Hey maybe you should wink wink nudge nudge upload an entire Gamma Ray album for me to check out, yeah? :Spin:

Yeah sure, I always said I'd make you a comp. I'll just do that now (except minus CD-R!).

I knew you'd dig it, just because it has the whole "ultra melodic Megadeth" vibe to it. Man, that would be a show -- GR supporting Megadeth.

I really hope the next Gigantour avoids the shit they had last time round and instead focuses on real heavy metal artists (read: Dream Theater supporting Megadeth, WTF?)

And yeah, I already knew you liked Powerslave. :kickass:

JayKeeley said:
OK here is an upload -- very simply, it's track #1 on the album.

While you're downloading, consider the following:

1 - Dave Mustaine can learn a lesson or two from Kai Hansen's riffs. Likewise, it's interesting how Kai is beginning to sound more and more like Mustaine -- particularly on the verses, and he's been doing this since NWO.

2 - The piano in the chorus rules, but then of course it would.

3 - Henjo Richter and Hansen are playing Friedman/Mustaine in that love/hate guitar duelling thing. They are the perfect MEGADETH follow up because, let's face it, Gamma Ray are speed metal fucken deluxe.

4 - Richter's obession with Richie Blackmore is fine by me. Listen to his solo and it's RAINBOW all over again.

5 - This song is the fookin' fury. :kickass:

"MY TEMPLE":

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZJCVWP2FZR3Y0WQUQYOYZG3SH

One more thing: :kickass:

Yeah, this is pretty fuckin good. I agree that GR are more speed than power... most of the time.

I saw it.

Blut Aus Nord made a HUGE change in style on The Work Which Transforms God, and just based on that album they qualify as one of the top 5 black metal bands in existence. So hopefully you get that album someday. J. doesn't like it because too many other people caught on before he did.