Can somebody recommend me a good guitar with this simple specs?

Oct 22, 2002
Venezuela
Visit site
Ok so I´ve been looking for one like this and haven´t quite found the one...

*24 Fret Guitar
*Flying V
*Floyd Rose with double locking tremolo preferably
*Can´t be single pickup! Don´t even know how Alexi likes those...
*Can´t be Kerry King´s model
*Good for metal (Well duhh)
*Good guitar overall that will not go out of tune after some serious Whammy Bar work.

Simple right?

And yeah, let it not be extremely expensive! (Over $1500 is too much)

See something like -----http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/511488/
is cool, but the only thing missing is the 24 frets.´

fuck v's man. it's impractical get a normal shape. Yeah i got two of em, but if you want it thats up to you. I would say a soloist or DK-2/1 they are exactly what you want.

is the Jackson King V a kerry king model? i know mustaine used it lol... actually, one you could look into is the LTD DV8-R, i've heard great things about those, although its got no floyd... and i don't think theres anything impractical about the Rhoads V, but a true flying v is very impractical, you can't sit with it... at least with a rhoads v you can

BloodyScalpel said:
You can't sit with rhoads v's either. Only if you do some serious stretching stuff, I mean, it's just too cumbersome.
I like Kellys. Beautiful and comfy and sweet guitars imo :D
bullshit you can't sit with a Rhoads, i sit perfectly fine with my RR5. you have to play classical style, but it is totally doable, and i find it more comfortable than sitting with a strat style.

SpeedPowerShred said:
well, if you have a floyd rose, 24 frets really aren't necesary

Technically you could get the right pitch, but for fast playing thats just impractical. Say you want to sweep and have the highest note be on the 24th fret... how are you possibly going to play that up to speed (and on pitch) if you have to use the trem bar that quickly?

The Deacon Dr. O said:
Technically you could get the right pitch, but for fast playing thats just impractical. Say you want to sweep and have the highest note be on the 24th fret... how are you possibly going to play that up to speed (and on pitch) if you have to use the trem bar that quickly?
i dunno about you but i probly couldn't do that, i can't even mess with 24 frets, much less the 29 on my main ax hahahaha... fat fingers :(

The Deacon Dr. O said:

YES! 24 Frets is a must because of what you´re saying.

And the Flying V well, it´s just the next type of guitar I want to have.

Plus I sit in the classical style most of the time so I don´t think I´d have a problem with it.

So still not found the one...

Wings of a dream said:
YES! 24 Frets is a must because of what you´re saying.

And the Flying V well, it´s just the next type of guitar I want to have.

Plus I sit in the classical style most of the time so I don´t think I´d have a problem with it.

So still not found the one...
doubt you will find "the one" its rare to have a V with 24 frets, and a floyd... there were some 24 fret king v's with Kahler's though, which imo are better than a floyd

this one doesn't have a tremelo it has a kahler fixed bridge, but considering how the tremelo's are designed, they should be basically interchangeable with the fixed bridge

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-1999-KV...ryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

heres one with a floyd

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-KING-V-...ryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was searching for the same thing, A RR V with 24 frets ...sorry doesnt exist :p you have to buy somebodys custom guitar on ebay :p or build one yourself.
oh wait it does exist I have one :p but its a cheap beginners guitar though.
New JS35RR - Randy Rhoads (Europe Edition - limited availability)
Indian Cedro body (with flame maple veneer on trans finishes), bolt-on maple neck with reverse headstock (err thats a fault),
rosewood fingerboard, Jackson® CVR humbucking pickups, licensed Floyd Rose® tremolo, chrome hardware.
And learning with classical style guitar between the legs is unbeatable, plus with a RR V its super comfy!:headbang:
169814655_l.jpg

169816702_l.jpg

The Deacon Dr. O said:

i get what youre saying, and youre right.but still, its not like youre gonna be doing that stuff all the time, and if you would, it would come off as tacky and extremely distasteful:err:.
dont get me wrong, i love 24 frets and have no problems with the floyd rose. but antoher thing to consider us that it that 24 frets are a bit hard to reach on Vs (except on lahio's model).
but if youre admant on getting a 24 fret RR you could either do as suggested above (dont recomend it, they are pretty sucky guitars for the price theyre chargin) or get a standard 22 fret RR and then change the neck or get a fret extension, you'd have to move the neck pickup a bit, but it can be done. i had a fret extension done on my yamaha RGX 121d, and its my main axe. ill upload some pics a soon as i have some if youre interested.

its a JS35!!!! not JS30 :p lol yea ok so its not the most uber guitar but its got 24frets and double locking and L floyd! thats my perfect setup. the whammy stays in tune pretty well, havent had problems with it yet and I do like to play around. Dont have much experience to comment on anything else like the tone that the wood gives.

DeathPact said:
its a JS35!!!! not JS30 :p lol yea ok so its not the most uber guitar but its got 24frets and double locking and L floyd! thats my perfect setup. the whammy stays in tune pretty well, havent had problems with it yet and I do like to play around. Dont have much experience to comment on anything else like the tone that the wood gives.
js35=js30=shit. the floyd rose on the js35 is a super low ripoff model, terrible quality, the wood is super cheap and note incredibly toneful, the neck plays like shit, the fretwork sucks, theres way too many bad things about the js3x series to make it worth buying.

DeathPact said:
I was searching for the same thing, A RR V with 24 frets ...sorry doesnt exist :p you have to buy somebodys custom guitar on ebay :p or build one yourself.

Yeah seems like that´s what I´m going to have to do, but Ebay I dunno, I already had a problem with a guitar I bought on Ebay. So I probably will buy a standard Rhoads V and 24 Fret neck and then put them together.

And what was Alexi´s old Jackson model? Isn´t that one like the one I´m looking for?

Wings of a dream said:
Yeah seems like that´s what I´m going to have to do, but Ebay I dunno, I already had a problem with a guitar I bought on Ebay. So I probably will buy a standard Rhoads V and 24 Fret neck and then put them together.

And what was Alexi´s old Jackson model? Isn´t that one like the one I´m looking for?
youll need to make some modifications and router some serious shit, ask bob