Can someone PLEASE tell me why this is popular?

Metal_Camden

Sep 25, 2009
Why does this video have over 7 million views?

Why is this the more popular music in America, and not something that you would rather listen to?

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfArN-e2OU"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfArN-e2OU[/ame]

>_>...............

WOW that gets annoying.

But I guess a rapper going on about his "chill ride" is fairly innocuous, compared to the over-abundance of gansta rap and the like.

I did LOL at the license plate, though "Abaybay" :lol:

I don't know why rap is so popular. Promotion? Target demographic? Touring? It's what the media tells people they should like? I don't really know.

WOW that gets annoying.

But I guess a rapper going on about his "chill ride" is fairly innocuous, compared to the over-abundance of gansta rap and the like.

I did LOL at the license plate, though "Abaybay" :lol:

I don't know why rap is so popular. Promotion? Target demographic? Touring? It's what the media tells people they should like? I don't really know.

Ya for sure, Its more of a comical thing to me, I mean really? Hey! lets write this blisteringly fast power metal song about how much "ice" I wear!

I wonder if the live shows are even any good. Youtube'd it a while back and only saw like the artist and like 8 of his "homies" joining him for some random "oh ya's" or "lets go's" OHHH NOOOOOES!!!!

How can you not understand spending 3-5 minutes listening to a black man rapping about the interior and exterior of his car broken visually only by hotass bitches dancing like strippers?

It's not complicated.

lol

For reasons that I'll never understand, teens and guys in their 20s think ghetto gangsters are cool. I think it's more or less the whole image rather than the quality of the music. The entire scene makes me want to :puke: to be honest.

~Brian~
Yes, well this isn't Gangsta. I don't care for Rap or the Hip Hop scene, but your characterization isn't accurate or fair. I've heard the same portrayal countless times in regards to Metal.

It's rap crap that is politically correct to listen to. :puke::puke::puke:

Heavy metal music by straight white guys who have talent and can speak English correctly (even those who aren't American) isn't politically correct anymore. :cry::erk:

Don't be hatin'...he gots all da fly ass coochies wantin' to be up in his ride.

I don't get it either. It's the epitome of NON music. A drum machine playing the same beat for five minutes with some moron who can't count change at McDonalds repeating the same line over and over and over ad nauseum. And the children of white urban professionals shell out daddy's money and make milllionaires out of 'em. They gotta be laughin' all the way to the bank. What an awesome scam they've got goin'.

It's the girls. Girls will always love to go out dancing, even most of the metalhead cuties we have.

You can dance to pop, hip hop, country, latino and some good rock'n roll. If you think about those genres and you're in those clubs or at those shows, look around.... girls everywhere. Now go to a Slayer, Dream Theatre or some other metal show and look around... less girls.. way less.

I don't get it either. It's the epitome of NON music. A drum machine playing the same beat for five minutes with some moron who can't count change at McDonalds repeating the same line over and over and over ad nauseum. And the children of white urban professionals shell out daddy's money and make milllionaires out of 'em. They gotta be laughin' all the way to the bank. What an awesome scam they've got goin'.

You know, I am not an uber politically correct liberal or anything, but those comments are absurd.

Sure, it might not be music in the traditional sense, but neither was rock n roll at one point in time, let alone metal. Not sure what the point was of making an assumption that this guy can't count change. I have met some metalheads who can't count change, let alone hold a conversation. Sounds like the color of this guy's skin is what bothers you the most.

If I was a mod on this forum, your ass would be gone.

Understood.

BUT...there is music you can dance to that at least has some musical substance and integrity...hip hop...R & B...smooth jazz. But this crap? It can't die a painful death soon enough.

You wanna fucking tell me that smooth jazz has only SOME musical substance and integrity?

Yeah, keeping eating that metal and shitting chains... You'll go far.

You know, I am not an uber politically correct liberal or anything, but those comments are absurd.

Funny, you could've fooled me. They're usually the first to play the race card.

Sure, it might not be music in the traditional sense, but neither was rock n roll at one point in time, let alone metal.

Please, are you seriously going to try to mention Lil' Wayne and Ghostface Killa in the same breath with Hendrix, Cream or The Who? Give me a friggin' break dude! That is seriously laugh-out-loud funny.

Not sure what the point was of making an assumption that this guy can't count change. I have met some metalheads who can't count change, let alone hold a conversation.

Not sure? Well then let me be clearer than I was before. I've seen countless of these morons interviewed on MTV and the like. And a great many of them can barely speak the English language. They are a disgrace to real musicians who've paid their dues and honed their chops and busted their balls to get even a little bit of recognition. And they don't deserve to share the same stage with them. However, I'm definitely not alone in holding to that opinion. Ever heard of Wynton Marsalis? You should hear what HE thinks of rap.

Sounds like the color of this guy's skin is what bothers you the most.

Seriously dude...you suck at being a psychic. Don't give up your day job.

I voted for a black man for president. Do I pass your bona fides now?

If I was a mod on this forum, your ass would be gone.

Gee...guess it's a good thing you're not then. :rolleyes: