Can someone PLEASE tell me why this is popular?

Hey Creeps... since there's no possible way for you to give me the last four minutes and twenty seconds of my life back, I expect you'll buy me a beer at PPXI. :loco:

Nothing I heard in her performance warrants her level of success. I've heard better performances at karaoke bars. Was she awful? No. Was she good? Not in my opinion. Now, if you like her style or tone, that's something different. Hell, I love Vince Neil's voice... aand I think we can agree, Vince can't sing.

Zod

You got that right, I got a free ticket to Crue Fest this year and he can't sing.

If I can make it to a PP again I'll let you know and we can drink over Fergie LOL. :kickass:

Zod, personally, I think Fergie has a good voice. Am I fan? No Do I like the way she looks? Yes She has the whole package, a decent voice and sex appeal, thus the level of her success.
I'm actually not a fan of her appearance either. If I had to make a list of Pop divas I'd like to defile, over the course of a three-day weekend in Vegas, for the poisoning our airwaves, she would not crack the Top 25.

I just did a rap about the contents of my laundry. Its pretty def...
I assume it will be a bonus track on the Japanese release of Memoirs? If so, I'm buying it. :loco:

You got that right, I got a free ticket to Crue Fest this year and he can't sing.
Word.

If I can make it to a PP again I'll let you know and we can drink over Fergie LOL.
Exxxxxcellent (by the way, UM needs a Mr. Smithers emoticon to properly punctuate the word "excellent").

Zod

Zod, personally, I think Fergie has a good voice. Am I fan? No Do I like the way she looks? Yes She has the whole package, a decent voice and sex appeal, thus the level of her success.

~Brian~

Her looks have nothing to do with why I enjoy her music (I'm ... er.. indifferent ;) ). I love her voice because it's unique, and I really like the deeper, raspy voices of Janis Joplin and Melissa Etheridge. Fergie sings an octave lower than most pop princesses (and male power metal singers) and has ... I dunno ... something in her vocals that makes her voice a bit muddy.

*shrug* - to each their own.

this is easy. we simply live in hypocrisy, where the government ruins music, turns it into an object and wins people over with sex and the tendencies of temptation. it's that simple, people like to look at what they don't have. this is the kind of thing that ruins our peoples. metal doesn't do that. and they showed the rock and metal sign with fingers in the vid. fucking blasphemy. nasty videos for shame. no music in this video. i repeat no music.

I assume it will be a bonus track on the Japanese release of Memoirs? If so, I'm buying it. :loco:

Zod

I think it is going to be on the limited release for Zimbabwe and Madagascar. I will be sure to hook you up with a link for the import site where you can get it. It features Jam Master Barbecue and MC Nutrasweet as guest rappers. Pretty rare stuff, actually. :p

I don't exactly know why this video is so famous, all I can tell you is that someone is making tons of cash with this shittie music and this person is not me.
This is what I love the most about capitalism and freedom - If someone whats to buy shit you just sell shit and it is all good... or so I guess.
Not saying this is a shittie song... lol

Ps.: I am talking about the rap/hip hop whatever video.

I don't exactly know why this video is so famous, all I can tell you is that someone is making tons of cash with this shittie music and this person is not me.
This is what I love the most about capitalism and freedom - If someone whats to buy shit you just sell shit and it is all good... or so I guess.
Not saying this is a shittie song... lol

Ps.: I am talking about the rap/hip hop whatever video.

That's IT!!!!

We have enough people here with talent of working in the industry where we could write a catchy dance song about something, get some one to choreograph some moves, hire someone to "sing it" round up local hotties from various adult establishments and CASH IN to fund our ProgPower experiences with tickets, sponsorships and merchandise!

hahaha yes, her success is do decent singing and good looks. wonder who she knew to get in there? hmmm

i think we have all forgotten her role on the 80's tv show,
KIDS INCORPORATED. (Fergie is in center)
87ep.jpg

that is how she did it. in the industry for a pretty long time.
i don't care for her, but i give her credit for sticking with it for so long.

We have enough people here with talent of working in the industry where we could write a catchy dance song about something, get some one to choreograph some moves, hire someone to "sing it" round up local hotties from various adult establishments and CASH IN to fund our ProgPower experiences with tickets, sponsorships and merchandise!

I'm pretty sure that most metal musicians/songwriters wouldn't be able to write a catchy dance song just as well as most dance musicians/songwriters wouldn't be able to write an asskicking metal song. You can't write something you don't "feel for" and get it right. If they could, I can guarentee you that Steve Harris, Tony Iommi, Kai Hansen, etc would be doing that and making a ton of money on it.

c.

I'm pretty sure that most metal musicians/songwriters wouldn't be able to write a catchy dance song just as well as most dance musicians/songwriters wouldn't be able to write an asskicking metal song. You can't write something you don't "feel for" and get it right. If they could, I can guarentee you that Steve Harris, Tony Iommi, Kai Hansen, etc would be doing that and making a ton of money on it.

c.

I don't want to hear that defeat us attitude, I want you upbeat!

One of my Facebook friends was talking up how talented the BEPs are. When I stopped laughing, I became curious to know if they at least write their own songs. So I went on Wikipedia. Shockingly, they don't.

What wikipedia were you looking at?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_E.N.D.#Track_listing

It looks like the four members are credited on all the songs. Sure, many of the credits are probably bullshit, but I'd imagine will.i.am at least has a significant hand in crafting most of the songs. He's also credited with playing a bunch of (mostly piano-based) instruments on 'Elephunk'.

Anyhow, these discussions are always a bit weird, and I'm surprised they're still happening in 2009. If some people are able to generate some sonic waveforms that hit my ears and make me say "this sounds good!", what does it matter how those waveforms were generated? What does it matter if the people creating the sounds are the same as the people pictured on the album cover? What does it matter if the sounds are created by manipulating six strings on a phallic hunk of wood vs. punching keys on a computer? What does it matter if someone else determines if band members meet his definition of "musician" or not? None of that has any effect on the waveforms hitting my ears that make me say "this sounds good!"

Neil

For the amount of time I could stand to listen to it, I know his car is clean on the inside, clean on the outside... And the paint job looks NOTHING like any ice cream I would touch.. :p

What wikipedia were you looking at?
I stand corrected. I guess I didn't do the appropriate math translating their goofy stage names to the legal names the songwriting credits are linked to. That said, they seem to have songwriting help on nearly every track. Regardless, I'm not sure how you go about writing songs without playing instruments. Perhaps everything is programmed? Actually... don't answer that. I really don't care. :yuk:

Zod