Can these guys get any better?

MetallicaSux

But only lately.....
Oct 6, 2003
South Africa
Visit site
I went out and bought myself alternative 4 last night. It seems that anything these guys touch turn to gold. I must say the more i listen to them the more i love them. Lets see, i have most of their cd's only one i don't have is Eternity and because we live on the weird end of the world, they have to import it and i did place a order for it yesterday but it is going to take 6-8 weeks to arrive :cry: I would rate these ulbums like this.

1. Judgement (i think their best, really brilliant album)
2. Silent Enigma
3. A Fine Day To Exit
4. Alternative 4 (these 3 are really close actually difficult to decide)
5. Pentecost III
6. Serenades

No i haven't had a listen to Eternity yet, but i am sure when i do, it will rank right up there. I can't wait for A Natural Disaster to come out,and brilliant album art for A Natural Disaster. As i said, i wonder if these guys can get any better, and if they do.... man what a day that would be. I just think everyday that i am glad that we have a band like them in our lives, imagine life without Anathema!! How would you rate their albums?

1. a natural disaster
2. judgement
3. silent enigma
4. alternative 4
5. eternaty
6. a fine day to exit

i never heard pentecost iii and serenades that much to take an opinion...

i don't know what i would do without anathema... i always listening to them when i'm stressed with my "platonic" girlfriend or when i'm sad, very sad. it feels like the songs understand me... they know what i'm feeling. they are hearing me und anderstand me. don't know how to discribe actually but i just love the music anathema creates.

i hope vinny's voice and danny's "guitar work" lives on for a long time... i need you anathema.

PY said:
for me it would be :

1/ alternative 4 - judgement - a fine day - eternity
2/ silent enigma
3/ the others (can't listen to them, except for songs like "j'ai fait une promesse"...)

You took the easy way out :p . As for the others, give it time. Watch out guys, you're bound to get some comment about the Opeth forum :p .

godless said:
1. a natural disaster
2. judgement
3. silent enigma
4. alternative 4
5. eternaty
6. a fine day to exit

i never heard pentecost iii and serenades that much to take an opinion...

but you have an opinion on 'a natural disaster' even tho its not released yet :erk:

((i dont think they can ever easily top alt4 without that guy you know.. the one with the funny lamp.. :) ))

MetallicaSux said:
and because we live on the weird end of the world, they have to import it and i did place a order for it yesterday but it is going to take 6-8 weeks to arrive !:cry:
. That long? Really? I wanted to import it over here but I guess I've better wait till christmas when I get back home in Finland.

A Fine Day To Exit
Alternative 4
Eternity
Judgement
-gap-
A Natural Disaster

That's it at the moment.. Don't have the earlier albums.
After 30 listens or so, Disaster still doesn't agree with me.

Judgement
A Fine Day to Exit
Alternative 4

I've listened to the rest and I can't get into the metal. Some of the lyrics are quite strong, but Darren White's voice is grating beyond belief. Dreaming: The Romance and Angelica are kick ass songs though, regardless of production.