Can you read Danish?

ach i hate that language, so similar to swedish yet so incomprehensible, isn't there an english version of the interview? every decent webzie usually has two versions hehe

I know someone who speaks Danish from UM and likes Amon Amarth but unfortunately he isn't available for few months :/ But yeah, there should be an English version too.

Originally posted by spaffe
ach i hate that language, so similar to swedish yet so incomprehensible, isn't there an english version of the interview? every decent webzie usually has two versions hehe

Haha...didn't you know that all Danes are born with a potatoe down their throats?

Originally posted by Patric
Haha...didn't you know that all Danes are born with a potatoe down their throats?

haha, i forgot that, now that's a classical joke about danish people, i actually did a real "lol" when i read i because it's such and old and worn out joke, think i was like 10 when i first heard it, but i think we said that they had porridge i their mouths ;)

Hahah, I know what you mean...worn-out classics like that can be funny because of their lameness. That's why I never get drunk with Finns cause I don't wanna get ten knives in my back :lol: As for potatoes and such, it's commonly known that us Southerners have the same problem! btw, you're from Norrland or?

Hahah, I know what you mean...worn-out classics like that can be funny because of their lameness. That's why I never get drunk with Finns cause I don't wanna get ten knives in my back :lol: As for potatoes and such, it's commonly known that us Southerners have the same problem! btw, you're from Norrland or?

hehe yeah "save us oh lord from the wrath of the finns" ;)

no i'm from northern småland. hehe let's see if you're any good at swedish geography etc: the town i'm from is known (at least in our town ;)) as "päls-staden" and it's also the home town of lennart hyland. well? :)

I had NO idea man, if you said it's the place Andersson's Starköl was made I would know it was Vimmerby. But I'm clueless about this, hehe! I ask you though, my town houses Soilwork, Darkane, Defaced, Construcdead, Terror 2000, The Forsaken etc.!

it's *drumroll* Tranås! how could you not know of this pulsating metropolis in the north of småland? aarrgh! get me out of here :yell:

hm... none of those bands are any of my favourites so i honestly haven't got a clue. but i could make a wild guess... helsingborg? (and no, i did not look at the text under you avatar ;))

btw patric, are you just sitting by your computer hitting F5 in this forum? couse you answer really fast

btw patric, are you just sitting by your computer hitting F5 in this forum? couse you answer really fast

He does, doesnt he?
But its nice with some activity here, in the best UM forum ;)

how could you not know of this pulsating metropolis in the north of småland?

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are too funny, sir!

Ah no worries, I'm not too much of a fanboy of these bands either but I still think it's awesome how my little town is growing to be such a destructive force of furious hellfire...or something!

Yeah, my mom's a secretary so I guess it runs in my blood or something. Or maybe cause I'm Amon Amath's teeny fanboy no. 1 hahah!

Oh and Aggressor, thanks a lot for the help with the profile thing!

I sware, Scandinavian Nordish peoples attacking Scandinavian Nordish peoples images... what the hell, No wonder Germany had to take over Scandinavia in WWII... none of you people get along 0_0;

(Joke)

Seriously, dont ya'll have a better peoples to degrade, like the Russians or the the Bosnians? (or god forbid) the people of Liechtenstein... actually I dunno why anyone would degrade that country, its miniscule and inbetween Austria and Germany, correct? so its like Germany jr... ha.

Its because of all the wars and unions between Norway, Sweden and Denmark...
After the black death Norway had lost 3/4s of its population and was at its all time low in foreign politics.
And the fact that their was no heir to the Norwegian throne didnt help one bit...the daughter of the Norwegian king was married to a Swedish lord who became king of Norway, but the same year he was ellected king in Sweden, and so we had a Norwegian/Swedish union.

There was alot of unions back and forth Norway/Sweden, Norway/Denmark and even Norway/Sweden/Denmark.
Norway became indipendent in 1814 after several wars with both Sweden and Denmark.
Due to this there are alot of fortresses around in Norway built to resist attacks from Sweden and Denmark, very nice ;)

I wouldnt attack a Sweden in anyway without a reason, a Dane on the other hand...
Not sure why though...

And another thing, Germany only took Denmark and Norway not Sweden.
And the fighting in Norway was the worst at that stage of the war, we were the country that held our ground the longest, but since we were poorly equiped and didnt get any help from our allies (well we did at first, but they were sent to France to fight there after a while), the country fell after about three months of fighting.

Actually, I don't have any resignment towards other Scandinavians. Just look at me and Aggressor, we are fellow Vikings! However, I've had soooo many bad experiences with Danes that I sometimes get very fed up with the mentality of this country. I think it's because we get so drunk in their country but perhaps also because of a lot of jealous (we've had a lot of international succes in terms of everything). But then again, I'll NEVER say that all Danes are assholes because I have many metal comrades herefrom that are very close to me. Some real cute and funny guys.

I've had soooo many bad experiences with Danes that I sometimes get very fed up with the mentality of this country. I think it's because we get so drunk in their country

hehe i believe that it's the drinking culture that biggest difference betweeen danes and swedes. here in sweden alcohol is pretty hard to come by, at least if you're under 18, and it's in the pre-18 age that you, imo, shape yourself and you habits, so when you manage to get a hold of some beer or whatever it becomes a big thing since it's rare and you drink like hell until you pass out, and so it continues throughout your youth.
but in denmark it's different, there alcohol is easy to get, and you drink it when you're eating and just socializing, not just to get drunk. it creates two different drinking cultures, or what do you think? :)

See, that's the thing we've got a different view on alchohol than the Danes. Not only the age thing you mentioned (folkol till folket, weeee) but also the adults are different. When Swedes party, we get REALLY fucked up and hey, I'm no exception ;) Danes are, as you said, more relaxed and it seems that they're always in a mild beer buzz at birthday and other events. But they've got that kind of culture, we're rooted in brannvin and such. Fucking oath! But I preffer to flush down my booze with several litres of beer anyway!

yes perhaps we've got a heavier drinking-tradtion here in sweden, i thought about that when i watched a part of the movie (?) hemsöborna which depicts the life on a small island during the perhaps, middle of the 19th-century, and there was a wedding and everybody became so wasted they could hardly stand
like nowadays ;)