Cancelled Nightwish gigs

I'll still be going. Why not go see Sonata for basically free? Not to mention you can still go meet the guys and get your stuff signed (in addition to showing your support and well wishing like a true fan).

The biggest thing i am pissed about is that this is twice that a Nightwish/Sonata tour has been canceled on me/us. It seems as if, for some of us at least, this dream tour is destined to never happen.

I feel so bad for them... even though its just something that happens, i bet it still feels like you're letting the fans down. *hugs them* And yay for Sonata for going onward and still being there for the fans and giving their all :)

Tuomas is a professional. He feels like it is a reflection on him that the show was canceled. Look, Anette was screwed up. She could not perform. If she was at 50%, she would have performed. At least if she has to cancel, it is not because she felt like going to the movies like The Argentine did, or tried to.

Wow, I'm glad I got to see them in Philly when I did. (/asshole). Well, if this dismal cloud has any silver lining, it's that Nightwish will probably be back in the US sooner than we ever thought they would be!

Trog: I was thinking the same thing. Some people over at Nightwish forum who got to talk to crew members were saying that the band is trying to work something out for May of '09, to possibly come back and make up the shows. Originally this was the last of the North American shows, since they couldn't afford it, but now that so many shows had to be cancelled (not only with Anette's illness, but because of Hurricane Ike), I don't see how they can afford *not* to come back.

And, well, if they do, that's always a plus for me! :)

Trog: I was thinking the same thing. Some people over at Nightwish forum who got to talk to crew members were saying that the band is trying to work something out for May of '09, to possibly come back and make up the shows. Originally this was the last of the North American shows, since they couldn't afford it, but now that so many shows had to be cancelled (not only with Anette's illness, but because of Hurricane Ike), I don't see how they can afford *not* to come back.

And, well, if they do, that's always a plus for me! :)

If they come back in '09, it will be a full blown tour. It would be ridiculous to do just a 5 or six stop tour.