Cannibal Corpse Guitar noise

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi Neil
I'm very interested to know if Cannibal Corpse have used some Noise Suppressor/Noise gate during the recording of Wretched Spawn or Gore Obsessed.
I ask this because I know Pat uses gain cranked, with a triple recto, with metalzone....it should be some noise :D
Is Pat only guitar -> mt2 -> Recto -> Cab -> Mic ?
It's insane if he uses no Noise tweaks!

Thank you Neil

seriously, i like TWS WAY better than kill, especially from a production point of view.
while a lot of not-so-well-known bands would kill (no pun intended) for a production like eric rutan's, TWS just slays it. much more clarity, seperation, and overall quality.
i also love the fact that during the really difficult parts of TWS (frantic disembowelment e.g.) you can here some mistakes in pat's playing. the first time the second rif in FD appears, for examples, the 4 guitar tracks clearly are NOT tight. while this is a flaw that might bother some people, to me it shows that they are human after all. it also adds a lot of energy and vibe if you ask me. pat's very aggressive, and the production reflects that.

Hey Nail plz tell me does Pat uses his mt with no gain only eq and max level so to add extra bottomness?Also does he use infront of the amp or in the preamp section of it?Plz answer.Thanks

a metalzone? those pedals are horrible! they have a "bee in a jar" sound! i dont know why anyone would use one - try an EHX Metal Muff - now theres a metal pedal

i can't imagine why ANYBODY would even want to touch a Metalzone when they have a Triple Rectifier........... unless they're using it just as a front end volume/gain booster to slam the 12ax7's harder.... but you could do that with any pedal, even an EQ pedal like hte Boss GE-7