Cannibal Corpse 'Kill' . . . and a few other things in that issue of Terrorizer.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Yes, I like Terrorizer.

I just got the issue with Cannibal Corpse on the cover. Personally, I would have put Darkthrone on the cover, since they have a great article on them as well . . . or Katatonia, who also has a great article in said issue. Nonetheless, the article on the new Cannibal Corpse intrigues me a tiny bit. I lost track of CC a few years ago, but the new album sounds refreshing. Basically, they got rid of Neil Kernon and hired Erik Rutan to produce, in order to get a refreshing and RAW sound. I definitely thought CC got way to slick over the last several albums I heard. I doubt I'll buy this one, but if somebody hears it, let me know what its like.

Oh . . . and they gave then new In Flames 9/10.

C.C. are on the cover of the greek Metal Hammer too..i can't believe how much $$$ Metal Blade still spends on them..
Still Mindcrime II is the album of the month, so that does keep a balance

Isn't CC the #1 DM band ever in terms of sales?
Makes sense for them to be in the spotlight and promoted ...

yeah, I think CC surpassed 1Mil in total sales ... there was something on this not too long ago

J. said:
the only band id figure could give CC a run for the money in slaes would be morbid angel.

Like I said, Deicide isn't far behind CC when it comes to sales (at least in the US):

"The following are the total sales figures for several of the genre's forerunners, according to Nielsen SoundScan (all numbers include any DVD and VHS releases, where applicable):

CANNIBAL CORPSE: 558,929
DEICIDE: 481,131
MORBID ANGEL: 445,147
SIX FEET UNDER: 370,660
OBITUARY: 368,616
DEATH: 368,184
NAPALM DEATH: 367,654
CARCASS: 220,734
ENTOMBED: 198,764

The top-selling death metal albums of the SoundScan era are as follows:

MORBID ANGEL - "Covenant" (1993): 127,154
DEICIDE - "Deicide" (1990): 110,719*
DEICIDE - "Legion" (1992): 103,544
OBITUARY - "The End Complete" (1992): 103,378
CANNIBAL CORPSE - "The Bleeding" (1994): 98,319 "

Taken from Blabbermouth

Do you non-Brits get the free CD with Terrorizer? Or do they take it off when sending them abroad? That's the main reason I would ever buy it tbh.

I quite like that Kalmah song on the free disc this month :oops:. Maybe that's just relative to the rest of it though, which is mostly shit.

i don;t know ... but it fucking shreds ... great rifferama ... nice and chunky ... heads down ripping