DragonForce and Trivium in Terrorizer - a few things worthy of discussion

JayKeeley said:
So here's their response to the following albums:

Burzum -- "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??"...."THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS RECORDED ON A $5 BUDGET"

Boy, you really put the FOX News spin on this one! :tickled: I just leafed through the new Terrorizer in Borders (also checked out the book by your cousin, looks cool) and you forgot to mention how 1) the "Corey" guy in the band jumped up and recognized that it was Burzum pretty quickly and 2) the $5 budget comment wasn't used in a derogatory manner. I was actually surprised on how knowledgable the members were on most of the selections, including Burzum.

Not that I'm a fan of Trivium or anything, I'm just sayin...

Dick Sirloin said:
Boy, you really put the FOX News spin on this one! :tickled: I just leafed through the new Terrorizer in Borders (also checked out the book by your cousin, looks cool) and you forgot to mention how 1) the "Corey" guy in the band jumped up and recognized that it was Burzum pretty quickly and 2) the $5 budget comment wasn't used in a derogatory manner. I was actually surprised on how knowledgable the members were on most of the selections, including Burzum.

Not that I'm a fan of Trivium or anything, I'm just sayin...

Gah, raising this thread again? I think I mentioned 2 or 3 times that for sure, they recognized the Death, Morbid Angel, Deicide tracks etc.

My point was, it was just funny that:
- they were hot on Darkthrone and not Burzum (I didn't read it not to be derogatory by the way)
- the PR agent inidicated for them not to mention any side projects and therefore steer the interview
- the fact that they even had PR agents in the room with them monitoring the Q&A session
- and that it was funny how Terrorizer themselves added a final note about how they don't listen to metal on the road and instead listen to QUEEN or whatever, and ended it with a "and bang goes their credibility" tongue in cheek comment

BUT LOOK -- the interview just got me thinking about how the whole band just seems to be so manufactured and forced, and my question was whether a "boy band" can exist even in metal circles

Does anyone know whether the individual band members even knew each other before Roadrunner brought them together / signed them?

Are we going to spend another 10 pages going through this again!?

Dude, I could really care less about the argument, and I only bumped the thread because I was surprised when I read it because, unlike what you insinuated, they were actually familiar with Burzum and weren't clueless on classic/underground BM. Don't worry, I'm as eager to hate a band like Trivial as much as the rest of you, but I thought the way you presented that part was unfair (not like it matters, or that I care deeply).

Dick Sirloin said:
Just sayin...

Trivium's first album wasn't even on a major label, so I'm pretty sure Roadrunner didn't manufacture them.

I remember getting the promo of it a few years ago, and I thought it was some shitty metalcore band that was going nowhere. I was right and I was wrong.

The drummer from Aegrimonia/WTTT is thanked in the booklet of their debut...

He has one of the original demo/promo/whatever CDs, and I will admit there there is SOME decency on there, but they've totally started to suck the big one.

Dick Sirloin said:
Dude, I could really care less about the argument, and I only bumped the thread because I was surprised when I read it because, unlike what you insinuated, they were actually familiar with Burzum and weren't clueless on classic/underground BM. Don't worry, I'm as eager to hate a band like Trivial as much as the rest of you, but I thought the way you presented that part was unfair (not like it matters, or that I care deeply).

Sorry Justin, my response came across as being snooty but it wasn't meant to be. And yeah, I kinda sexed things up just a little to keep the entertainment factor up (but it was only at the expense of Trivium). :tickled:

Let me ask you guys this.......no wait. I'm going to start a new thread. *thread idea*

General Zod said:
That may be, but that doesn't mean the image wasn't contrived. Somehow, I doubt they dressed like that in their every day life. And if those weren't their everyday clothes, than by definition, it was a contrived look.

Zod

They didn't wear those clothes offstage. They are stage clothes...thats a REALLY different thing then what people are talking about with Trivium.

KILL TULLY said:
They didn't wear those clothes offstage. They are stage clothes...thats a REALLY different thing then what people are talking about with Trivium.
I disagree. I think people have insinuated that they don't listen to those bands, and hence, those t-shirts are nothing more than stage wear.

Zod

General Zod said:
I disagree. I think people have insinuated that they don't listen to those bands, and hence, those t-shirts are nothing more than stage wear.

Zod

No. They are insinuating the people don't listen to those bands, yet pretend that they wear those T-shirts just because they love the bands/wear the t-shirts normally + always have. Judas Priest never made such claims about wearing full-fucking-leather outfits 24/7, etc. They knew it was stage-wear, and admited it as such.

Nate The Great said:
Has anybody noticed how expensive it is to subscribe to Terrorizer in the US? I can buy each issue at the news stand for less.

Yea, thats why I always just buy them when they hit the stores. Kinda cool that they've finally started including the CDs with them now (at least here).

KILL TULLY said:
No. They are insinuating the people don't listen to those bands, yet pretend that they wear those T-shirts just because they love the bands/wear the t-shirts normally + always have. Judas Priest never made such claims about wearing full-fucking-leather outfits 24/7, etc. They knew it was stage-wear, and admited it as such.
Huh? What? Did you say something different than what I said? I'm completely confused.o_O

Zod