Terrorizer #114 (Stampin Ground cover)

npearce said:
Oh . . . and the new Morbid Angel got 6.5/10. Which I'd have to agree with. They know what they like to sound like, and they aren't going to change for anybody.
I think you're going to like Mithras a lot - personally I think it destroys the new Morbid Angel. Make sure you listen to it on the headphones. Both Mithras and Nile sound miles better on headphones.

Wait 'till you hear the track, "Lords and Masters". Ay Carumba.

6) Machine Head - Through the Ashes of Empires gets 8.5/10 and has this to say: "Welcome home, Machine Head!" This new album is supposed to rival 'Burn My Eyes'. One of my all time favorite metal albums. Apparently they left behind the nu-metal tendencies from the recent years.
The More Things Change and Burn My Eyes are easily some of my favorite albums ever done, the slump MH fell into afterwards was nothing short of depressing. I'm a bit skeptical about the new one though, since Supercharger was also supposed to be their return to glory...

npearce said:
I have to admit that I've completely loved every album Terrorizer gave a 10/10 to.
What did The Meads of Asphodel get? It was Terrorizer's album of the month last December ("Exhuming the Grave of Yeshua") - do you have that copy?

JayKeeley said:
What did The Meads of Asphodel get? It was Terrorizer's album of the month last December ("Exhuming the Grave of Yeshua") - do you have that copy?
I didn't get that issue. Meads of Asphodel didn't end up being a top 40 for Terrorizer for that year.

I find out about around 90% of the bands I listen to from Terrorizer. I bought Old Man Gloom, Isis, Converge, Xasthur, Aborym, and on and on and on because of articles and reviews in Terrorizer.

The first Terrorizer I remember reading was one that had a review of My Arms Your Hearse. I immediately bought the album. I also remember reading about Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk in Terrorizer for the first time. I'm pretty sure that is another 10/10 album for Terrorizer.

Unfortunately I've missed numerous issues because of living in an area that I couldn't find Terrorizer easily.

npearce said:
Unfortunately I've missed numerous issues because of living in an area that I couldn't find Terrorizer easily.
Have you considered subscription and have it delivered? I'm thinking about doing that. It should work out cheaper and the issue will arrive quicker. My local Barnes and Noble is always one whole month out of date on Terrorizer and Unrestrained issues. (And they don't come with the CDs).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want to subscribe to Terrorizer!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamlord and I have talke to several people on several forums that have tried to do that.

You can't order it from their website unless you don't mind transmitting info over an unsecure connection. They don't take paypal.

AND THEY DON'T ANSWER EMAILS! EVER!!!

I don't really want to send a check in the mail to an organization that doesn't answer probably at least 50 emails from me.

I believe Mark at UM tried to get ahold of them to distribute for them. The End mailorder has tried and tried and tried and tried to get ahold of them to distribute for them. I realize that Terrorizer has to work through their publisher, but it can't be that hard to find a better way to distribute the worlds most popular metal magazine.

Unbelievable!

I saw their on-line form (and that it's insecure), but they give you a phone number where you can call your credit card details through. I figured I'd do just that, but now I have a feeling that even if I got through, I eventually might not get certain issues, and that it will all become a mess trying to deal with them.

I subscribed to BWBK last year - very professional, and if a copy didn't show up (it happened once), they'd happily send another. Problem with BWBK is, it's just not very good. :ill:

Nooooooooooooooooooo I just completed mine last night!!!

I'll wait until next year, there are a few albums I'm putting off until then anyhow, like Rune.

NAD said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo I just completed mine last night!!!

I'll wait until next year, there are a few albums I'm putting off until then anyhow, like Rune.
OK but I'm sending you a CD-R. You have to hear this shit to believe it. You know how Hendrix could take you from the delta blues houses of Mississippi to the celestial craters of the moon in one fell swoop? This is the death metal equivalent. After about 10 listens, the lightbulb above my head is blinding.

Okay, I can't refuse that.

I'm sending you Poverty's No Crime in return dammit, I know you love Elenium and I find PNC similar but better. :D

Hold off on that PNC. I might ask you to send me a few CD-Rs at some point so you might as well send it altogether.

Mithras, however, is DefCon 1.

Dammit you need that PNC!!!! :lol: It's waiting for you with a sticky note with your name on it. As soon as I see a single post by you even HINTING that you need new music, it's in the mail. :D

I just bought a CD-R spindle so just let me know if you want anything. Any verdict on Crimso yet? I know you listened to it not long ago...

NAD said:
Okay, I can't refuse that.
Erm, for some reason, I'm not able to burn CD-Rs, and I've tried it on two separate CD burners. What a pain. Apparently I've run out of hard disk space (but my lap top is pretty archaic now with a 6Gb hard disk). Looks like you might have to wait a while unless you want a cassette.

I'm sending you Poverty's No Crime in return dammit, I know you love Elenium and I find PNC similar but better. :D
PNC better than teh Elenium? Say it aint so. Let me go read your PNC review again, because from the sounds of it, I wouldn't even compare the two....

...am I the only one to hear power / prog with Elenium then? :erk:

CD-Rs can wait, goat knows I have a ton of unopened CDs anyhow.

NAD said:
...am I the only one to hear power / prog with Elenium then? :erk:
I need to make you a proper compilation of power metal don't I? Shit, I need to get to that. I know I said I'd burn you a CD-R compilation one day, I guess I'll do what PJ did for me with his Fates Warning compilation and just send you a tape. Tape compilations are very tr00 apparently. :Smug:

Elenium are progressive death metal IMO, hence the comparison to Edge of Sanity. That's why I figured it might blow you away like it did me. I figure that if Crimson 2 get's a 7/10, Elenium would get an 8.5/10 or thereabouts. What do you reckon? I mean, it's certainly better than C2 don't you think?