Can't Open S2.0 Anymore..

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
For some reason the interface NEVER appears anymore when i press the 'e' button my virtual instruments, once i've loaded the plug-in. This used to happen to GClip but the problem resolved itself. Tried re-installing cubase and the VST several times...no help...Steinberg are being useless (running through cubase) Can anyone help?:)

Never used S2.0 before but does it come with a standalone version? If so, try opening that and see if you're getting any license/registration errors or even just something else that isn't popping up in your DAW. Maybe you just need to re-enter your serial or whatever the activation is for that program.

Just an idea, could be totally irrelevant.

No it's not to do with that, ive searched all of the background area in cubase for it and it isnt there, by default even in a new session it should pop up straight away...haven't tried but the problem is more cubase i think than toontrack...do you think it would be worth it?

You could install Reaper real fast (since it installs so fast) and try loading it with that to distinguish if it's a Cubase problem or actual S2.0 problem.

sorry i forgot to mention, i'm using reaper at the moment to bounce my drums down to work on my projects...so s2.0 is working fine!

Ah, well I'm glad it's not holding you back completely. I don't know anything about Cubase but maybe try rescanning VSTi's or is there some sort of VST data cache you can clear?

I had the same problem with cubase in my windows days (couple of years back). Seemed like it was a graphic card problem. I just saw a white screen when I opened something.

I never found a solution for it and just switched to Pro Tools LE.

5, with the latest update.

you wrote that you are trying to open it wirh the "e" symbol.
in cubase 5 there is another symbhol which opens instruments.
it looks like a small keyboard. you can find it in the mixer channels.
did you try this one!?

cheers
S.

that button doesn't open the interface for superior man it just hides/reveals the vst instrument channel. It doesn't work with GlitchVST either..its the interface screen that i cant get to load

that button doesn't open the interface for superior

but it should!
you also need to differentiate VST and VSTi btw.

it also happens that the interface window gets pushed to far to the side or up and down, so it seems like it's gone and won't open but actually it it is just "out of the screen":lol:

cheers
S.

sorry, i mean the VSTi of superior and the GlitchVST.

Is it definitely the set of black and white keys? it doesnt bring up the superior interface when i just click hide and show...... if you give me a step by step instruction set i will try that. I might try running the earlier versions of glitch to see if they are more compatible!