CAPARISON Guitars info

ihave27frets

Oct 5, 2004
Because of the onslaught of emails and questions I get about Caparison I thought it would be easier to just answer them here, that way I don't have to answer the same question 10 times. Fire away!

Hey man, I saw your Caparison Angelus on Ebay for sale...and I wanted to ask you a couple questions about them. I bought a Jackson SL2H-MAH thinking it would be a nice marriage between a Les Paul and a superstrat due to having a mahogany body and neck, but a maple top. I guess that I'm not so convinced that it was the right decision for me. I love playing my LP Custom (with EMG's in it), but I want something with a little bit better upper fret access. What is the neck carve like on the Angelus? Also, how much does that thing weigh? I'm hoping to find something similar to my LP, but a little more playable.

Also, I saw a post where you said you could get them cheaper than Guitar Asylum. How much would one run? Thanks for your time man. BTW, your band is awesome, and if you ever come around in the upstate NY area, I'll definitely check out your live show. Take it easy!

aldog1330 said:
Hey man, I saw your Caparison Angelus on Ebay for sale...and I wanted to ask you a couple questions about them. I bought a Jackson SL2H-MAH thinking it would be a nice marriage between a Les Paul and a superstrat due to having a mahogany body and neck, but a maple top. I guess that I'm not so convinced that it was the right decision for me. I love playing my LP Custom (with EMG's in it), but I want something with a little bit better upper fret access. What is the neck carve like on the Angelus? Also, how much does that thing weigh? I'm hoping to find something similar to my LP, but a little more playable.

Also, I saw a post where you said you could get them cheaper than Guitar Asylum. How much would one run? Thanks for your time man. BTW, your band is awesome, and if you ever come around in the upstate NY area, I'll definitely check out your live show. Take it easy!

It is very much like a shredable Les Paul, 24 3/4 scale. Upper fret access is awesome, with a very comfortable heel. The weight is great, much heavier than a Horus or Dellinger there fore the tone just rips! The only reason I dont play it more is because im a Floyd Rose guy. Angelus start at around $1799 new, depending on what actual model. By the way, that one is still on ebay.:Spin:

I see it still is...I'm just trying to move some stuff before I can do anything. Chances are it will be gone by the time I can though :(. Are the stock pickups decent in it as well?

Mark_Palangio said:
Pete, do you have any pictures or info about any new Caparisons for 2006?
No, nothing yet except I heard Horus models will now be special order only..atleast this is what I heard from Japan but I'll know more after the NAMM show.

ihave27frets said:
No, nothing yet except I heard Horus models will now be special order only..atleast this is what I heard from Japan but I'll know more after the NAMM show.

Good deal. Someone on Harmony Central posted a few scans of the 2006 catalog the other day. There was an HGS Horus and HGS Apple Horn model, and he said they're putting a 7 string Dellinger in production. :headbang:

It is a shame they don't have a bigger presence in the US. They seem to be really nice guitars (at least on paper, I've never played one myself).

Yeah, it was me posting those pictures, I can post them here too.
I updated it with pictures of the dellinger 7's

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

How is the neck carve on the Angelus? Like a Soloist or more Les Paulish? The Trans Flat black one looks AWESOME!:worship:

ihave27frets said:
More soloist style.

Hrmm, interesting. That makes me a little nervous about snagging one. Thanks for the info man. Why did you choose to stay with Caparison over the rest? I know you've said you've played just about every guitar on the market now. And I'm sure we all really appreciate the time you spend answering our questions - I know I do!

Pete!!!!!!!!!!! Rockin new forum brosef. Hey you dont think you could hook me up with one of those sweet Caparison's do ya. I should have enough for one in like two weeks and I figured you the man to go to. I am leaning towards a dillinger or horus unless you have one of those sweet apple horns ;). Give me a pm with some info if thats cool. And keep the band rocking. Cant wait to see you guys in NC.
Kyle