CAPARISON Guitars info

The Twins.
000_0246.jpg

Other then the stock tuning and the color of the tremlo what is the major difference between the Horus and the Horus HGS? It seems like those differences wouldnt constitute a whole new model like Caparison has done.

BnateMdoggX said:
Other then the stock tuning and the color of the tremlo what is the major difference between the Horus and the Horus HGS? It seems like those differences wouldnt constitute a whole new model like Caparison has done.

The bridge is actually moved back a bit for better tension when down tuning and the body is made of walnut instead of mahogany because its heavier and more dense to aid w/ tone when tuned down. And it also has a bound ebony fretboard verses the stock non-bound rosewood.

I really love caparisons but there are two things that kind of turn me off - colors and inlays. colors not so much, as most of the options are cool, but the inlays are not to my liking.

However - have you seen the caparisons that Tom and Henrik from Evergrey play? Ebony fretboards with a simple symbol on the 12th, god those things are beautiful guitars. I really love them in the darker natural wood colors too (oiled walnut looks very nice).

wow! where do you keep finding these things?

Nice neck-thru, didn't know caparison made those, thought they were strictly bolt-on.

FretsAflame said:
wow! where do you keep finding these things?

Nice neck-thru, didn't know caparison made those, thought they were strictly bolt-on.

The Dellinger TAT's were neck thru. All of the Angelus models are set neck.

KillerRobot said:
I was thinking of getting either an ESP M-II or a Caparison, is there any site for ball park price ranges on Caparisons?

What model are you looking at? The Horus and Dellinger sell for right under $2000 new.

My small family....
woodcap7ds.jpg

Hey Peter look familar?! Har Har! Added an emg-81 and 2 SA's with SPC Control replacing the tone control thus making the single coils fatter on the fly!
bluecap2xe.jpg

peteauto4lw.jpg

Peter's autograph too! Great cd by the way!

KillerRobot said:
Awesome, I was looking at a Dellinger II, or the neck-thru one but those are hard to find I hear.

Yeah, they don't make them anymore. A friend of mine who lives in Canada bought one off Ebay and had it shipped to me, since the seller didn't want to ship to Canada. It was a great guitar.

000_0744.jpg

000_0755.jpg

egorillad said:
My small family....
woodcap7ds.jpg

Hey Peter look familar?! Har Har! Added an emg-81 and 2 SA's with SPC Control replacing the tone control thus making the single coils fatter on the fly!
bluecap2xe.jpg

peteauto4lw.jpg

Peter's autograph too! Great cd by the way!

Any chance you would consider selling that blue one?

Mark_Palangio said:
Any chance you would consider selling that blue one?

Honestly I'm quite attached to that one since Peter sold me that one and it is a rare jem to find. Even got a luthier friend to refret it and he was quite impressed by the quality of the guitar. What all caparisons do you own, Mark?