CAPARISON Guitars info

They dont really have an artist relations department and from what I was told thier artist line-up is now full. Since they only make so many guitars a month they have had to draw a line for endorsements or else they would not have enough guitars made to actually sell.

Are the natural finish Dellinger I and Dellinger II the same color? On the website, the Dellinger II looks way lighter, but it's listed as the same color, oiled mahogany.

dellingerom.gif

dellinger2om.gif

yeah, they are the same color, just natural mahogany....wood differs from piece to piece but that just looks like one is lit briter, look at the headstock color.

Picked up an awesome Apple Horn Aurora last night, ive been looking for one for a long time. They were discontinued in 2000 back when Caparison was still a pretty small company and model runs were limited.
000_0182.jpg

ihave27frets said:
Picked up an awesome Apple Horn Aurora last night, ive been looking for one for a long time. They were discontinued in 2000 back when Caparison was still a pretty small company and model runs were limited.
ff_1.jpg

55_1.jpg

52_1.jpg

That thing looks gorgeous, what kinda pickups you gonna put in it? :headbang:

Mark_Palangio said:
That thing looks gorgeous, what kinda pickups you gonna put in it? :headbang:

Thanks! Im gonna try the stock ones for a while, its got a PH-R in the bridge which can sound pretty good, if not I was thinking of a EMG 60 in the bridge and an EMG SAV in the neck.

ihave27frets said:
Thanks! Im gonna try the stock ones for a while, its got a PH-R in the bridge which can sound pretty good, if not I was thinking of a EMG 60 in the bridge and an EMG SAV in the neck.

Hmm, a 60 in the bridge? Wonder what that would sound like? I had the 60 in the neck of an Explorer I had before, and I didn't like it too much. Lots of people love the clean tone of it though in the neck. I'd be interested to hear how the 60 sounds in the bridge though!

nosuchthingasluck said:
hey pete, i was wandering what it is like?
It plays awesome, and its really heavy, much heavier than my standard Horus. And the frets feel bigger. Its cool.

Belive me, when you've tried a caparison you don't care if it's bolt on or not.

I got my new dellinger this week, right now the guitar is at a guitar tech fixing it and installing emg 85/89 in it :D.

Hey pete. How would you compare a dellinger with a applehorn sand stone??

Death_Work said:
Belive me, when you've tried a caparison you don't care if it's bolt on or not.

I got my new dellinger this week, right now the guitar is at a guitar tech fixing it and installing emg 85/89 in it :D.

Hey pete. How would you compare a dellinger with a applehorn sand stone??

They play pretty much the same. the Dellinger has a longer scale (25 1/2) apposed to the Apple Horns (24 3/4) Its more or less personal taste but they both play awesome.