Car I will be purchasing - is it worth it?

you fucking know it :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Leopard%20Tank%204_lo.jpg

This is what you really want...

Why don't you just buy a nice, used BMW if you want something nice? You could save a bit of money doing that. By that, I mean you want have to put another significant amount of money into the car to make it look how you want.

You talk about the fact that your dad has no money and can't give you the lifestyle you want, yet you're willing to put over 20K (that you don't even have yet, I assume?) into a car. Why not save some of that money for later so you can have a 'decent' lifestyle later?

You're sounding too much like a hypocrite to me...

If he's young (how old are you again Hell?) then now among any other time would be best to get a car like this. No other debt to manage, living at home, start building your credit record by paying your loan ON TIME and EVERY month.

Once you start to get a bit older, the girlfriends come, the home, the extra bills, the kids... you have to wait for another 15 year cycle before you can tool around again. Do it now (but be smart about it like you seem to be thinking) :) .

Why don't you just buy a nice, used BMW if you want something nice? You could save a bit of money doing that. By that, I mean you want have to put another significant amount of money into the car to make it look how you want.

I want a sexy sports car that's not too expensive, 05 mustang + racing stripes + 18 inch wheels would cost me only about 17 grand which is exactly what I want.

You talk about the fact that your dad has no money and can't give you the lifestyle you want, yet you're willing to put over 20K (that you don't even have yet, I assume?) into a car. Why not save some of that money for later so you can have a 'decent' lifestyle later?

my father recently made a huge breakthrough with his contracting work that he was attempting to do, unbelievably he was able to sign a contract to develop some military equipment with a company where he is going to be receiving a 4,500 check every month for the next 5 months, as well as 30% of the profit in the future. Outside of that, he may be able to sign another contract with another company pretty soon to develop 2 machines where there is 30-50 thousand dollar profit that he should be able to finish in 4-7 months (he is working with an armenian engineering company that will make the machines). My father kept me in the dark about stuff like this, that's why I have been so negative/pessimistic.

This has just been unreal, I can't describe how ecstatic I am. We will likely move into that house that I have been dreaming about within the next 4 or 5 months. That is actually going to be my first priority, I will likely put everything I earn over the next 3 months into my father's account so we can move into a beautiful new house ASAP. The car probably won't come until late fall.

Buy a "Fox Body" Mustang instead (1987-93)
Dump 1500k or more on some 18" Roush or Saleen rims.
Throw another 4k on trick-flow heads, intake, e303 cam,
3"flowmaster exhaust w/ long-tube headers.

The pussy will flock immediately.

I don't understand why people that don't intend to have kids are so vehement about it.

I wasn't exactly being vehement about it, besides the use of "fuck" in my statement of opinion. And I gave some pretty good reasons for not having them.

Buy a "Fox Body" Mustang instead (1987-93)
Dump 1500k or more on some 18" Roush or Saleen rims.
Throw another 4k on trick-flow heads, intake, e303 cam,
3"flowmaster exhaust w/ long-tube headers.

The pussy will flock immediately.

If he wants to get pussy, this is a better route:

bmw_3.jpg

Beamers are ok.
Buddy of mine has a 5-speed M3 and it gets up...
wouldnt know the first thing about working on foreign cars. Foreign repair shops etc. can get mighty costly and they will try to rape you if you dont do your research.
I did all the work on my mustang myself(besides paint)
755467081_l.jpg

mine is the droptop.

how is the maintenance/running cost/reliability on a beamer?

Well, I got one in April, so the only maintenance I have had done so far was fixing the driver's side blinker, but here's shit I know about it:

-I only have to change the oil every 15,000 miles, since the oil used is synthetic
-I actually get better gas mileage on it than the Mustang you would be buying
-BMWs are extremely reliable (from what I understand)
-Takes premium gas (but so do all foreign cars with 6 cylinder engines, which is fucking ghey)
-Rear wheel drive, so it will suck in the winter if we get a lot of snow (which is hardly ever).

I'll let you know about the reliability (from my first-hand experience) in a few more months. The car had three previous owners (one being an auctioneer) and there was only one accident with it, and the original owner had it for almost 3 years. Maintenance costs might be expensive depending on what I have to have done. The oil is going to be more expensive I think, but I only have to get it changed once a year at most, so it evens out.

I used to drive a Honda and the only problem I had with that car was that it would never start correctly in the winter. I always had to pump the fucking accelerator to get it to start.

all BMWs are really awful in the winter?

I'm not sure about this. I know any car that has rear wheel drive is most likely awful in the winter. This one has traction control, but I'm not sure how well that is going to work.

If you have a front wheel drive car, you have the engine weight in the front giving you better traction, whereas in the rear, you have the trunk, which is little to no weight. I might put some sandbags in there to give it some weight come winter (if it snows a lot this winter).

I would imagine that some of the bigger models MIGHT have front wheel drive, but I'm not sure. Let me research this.

first of all is there any form of snow where you live? Cause you know you won't like to drive a car like that in winter time, to scrap the hell out of it...

and secondly why do you even consider putting a ridiculous amount of money on a fucking car. Car lose value the moment you put the key in the contact. You should buy an average car and put the eaxtra cash aside and make it grow. When you'll retire you'll be able to buy a condo AND a LEXUS/CADILLAC (a real car it's worth paying THAT much money on).

Instant pleasure isn't always the best option, in the long run my options is WAY better. "Money breads money."

Yeah, sandbags are the way to go. If you plan on getting a nice set of rims, keep the original ones that came on it. Salt eats chrome up really bad and will "pitt" them. I dont drive my stang in the winter I have a Blazer w/ 4x4 to help me haul through the shitty Chicago winters.

Okay, the SUVs have all wheel drive (obviously), some of the 5 series have all wheel drive and about half of the 3 series have all wheel drive.

Granted, these are the current models. If you are looking to buy one, check with whoever is selling it.

You're in Chicago right? You'll want something with front or all-wheel drive then. My sister is in Chicago and I know they get crazy amounts of snow there with the lake effect weather.