my rant about how uber gay ohio is

deathstrike from hell

Deathstrike lambtron
Aug 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
1. sorry about the whole blackout across america thing :/
2.for those of you not blessed enough to live in the sespool that is ohio, we have this little law in the state called the e check. im not sure how many othe states have to do this, but before you get your p[lates for your car, you have to go to a "e" check ecenter where they put your car on this tredmill to test emissions. total waste of time money effort. such bull shit, then if your car doesnt pass, you have a certain amount of time to get it fixed r youre stuck with a bill for it, plus not passing e check.
to make my story short, i went in the first of sept with my minivan, and they started testing emissions for no2, or nitrous hydrocarbons. anyways, my car failed by like 3 hundreths of a point, so i had to get this failed paper from them and when i asked them how to gert it fixed or troubleshooting to do it myself, no one seemed to be able to help me. so not only am i stuck paying 20 dollars for a test i didnt pass, i ended up paying half a grand yesterday on a timing belt, oil change and a complete system dialysis plus system flush
so basically i just wanted to say that this fucking state fails something fierce, and that while all state laws are different, ohio seems to have the toughest for anything. total bullshit.
anyway, thats gonna be my rant for the day. not to mention that after i got all these repairs done, it failed again, and so i was given a waiver because i spent over 300 dollars in repairs, so i dont have to get the van to pass for another 3 years. sounds to me like our state just needed more money.
any of you guys have shitty laws like this? it pisses me off because cars over 20 years old dont have to take an echeck here. and to me, those are the cars emitting the most pollution. and its not like ohio is polluted that bad anywey. who gives a shit. the planet will die someday anyway when none of us will be around to worry about it. pisses me off.

yeh in cali you have to get your car "smog checked" its pretty much the same thing. "the planet will die someday anyway when none of us will be around to worry about it" this is the attitude thats killing it even faster.
-neal

I live in Ohio, and we don't have to do the e-check. It's all determined by county governments. Bitch to them, it has nothing to do with state laws.
If there's a large metropolitan city in the county, chances are e-checks are enforced. That's why I won't move. The bigger counties overcharge for everything (dog tags, license plates, taxes, water/sewer, etc.) because they don't know how to run their county on a budget.

deathstrike from hell said:
1. sorry about the whole blackout across america thing :/
2.for those of you not blessed enough to live in the sespool that is ohio, we have this little law in the state called the e check. im not sure how many othe states have to do this, but before you get your p[lates for your car, you have to go to a "e" check ecenter where they put your car on this tredmill to test emissions. total waste of time money effort. such bull shit, then if your car doesnt pass, you have a certain amount of time to get it fixed r youre stuck with a bill for it, plus not passing e check.
to make my story short, i went in the first of sept with my minivan, and they started testing emissions for no2, or nitrous hydrocarbons. anyways, my car failed by like 3 hundreths of a point, so i had to get this failed paper from them and when i asked them how to gert it fixed or troubleshooting to do it myself, no one seemed to be able to help me. so not only am i stuck paying 20 dollars for a test i didnt pass, i ended up paying half a grand yesterday on a timing belt, oil change and a complete system dialysis plus system flush
so basically i just wanted to say that this fucking state fails something fierce, and that while all state laws are different, ohio seems to have the toughest for anything. total bullshit.
anyway, thats gonna be my rant for the day. not to mention that after i got all these repairs done, it failed again, and so i was given a waiver because i spent over 300 dollars in repairs, so i dont have to get the van to pass for another 3 years. sounds to me like our state just needed more money.
any of you guys have shitty laws like this? it pisses me off because cars over 20 years old dont have to take an echeck here. and to me, those are the cars emitting the most pollution. and its not like ohio is polluted that bad anywey. who gives a shit. the planet will die someday anyway when none of us will be around to worry about it. pisses me off.
As Ecstatic wrote, we have the same scam here except it cost $ 38.85
If you sell a car here you have to pay taxes of what the value of the car is,not what you sell it for,then you have to buy a "sellers kit" to sell the steel abomination.. That why I steal cars instead of buying or leasing hehehaha.....And -neal,i don't thing the smog check law is working in Cali *hack, cough up lung*

-must steal a car to get to the bear store

alcohol purchasing is much different in canada than in the US. In canada, there is The Beer Store(shockingly enough, its for beer)...where you go up to the counter, order your beer, someone in the back where the mountains of beer is stored gets your order and rolls it out on this conveyor of sorts.
and for spirits and hard liquor, we go to the LCBO(Liquor Control Board Organization i think is what it stands for) where its just like a normal store where you get your own shit and pay at a cashier.....you can't just go into a corner store or anything here to buy booze like you can in the states.....it's all government run.

Ecstatic Youth said:
...where you go up to the counter, order your beer, someone in the back where the mountains of beer is stored gets your order and rolls it out on this conveyor of sorts.

Strange Brew haha.That movie was fucked eh.
mountains of beer haha
I'm glad you don't drink RP
More of the beer mountain for me

**glee**

I live in Dayton...this the "Armpit of the Midwest" comment. That said, e-Check is fraud, plain and simple... The last time I went into e-Check it wasn't too bad, in that they had patched the hoses they connect to the exhaust....nothing like doing a parts-per-million calculation on air that could be from your car, or the car next to you, or the car behind you...

The thing that is seriously flawed about e-check is that it doesn't apply to diesel-burning vehicles...what produces the big black clouds of death on the roads? My car? No..............the diesel engines. Ugh... You're right. Ohio blows.

Can't even get Shiner Bock imported into the state. Bastards.

Im from Cincinnati- the e check- like someone else siad only applies to those counties that are over their pollution limit- thus it has no effect on all the cars on I 75 that are out of state- and god thats at least half of them. The biggest fraud , is how you can go through three times-fail all three and then take the car to a ridiculously expensive state approved mechanic shop- and after they do overpriced work, they will give you a waiver for e check. Interestingly my car was on its way to failing its third time, but there was a new girl doing the echeck, and she overheated my car- she gave me a waiver anyway.

Ohio really does suck- At Riverfest our big Labor day fireworks in Cincinnati, they outlawed umbrellas- as they could be used as weapons- alcohol and coolers went by the wayside 5 years ago. Its like we are not supposed to have fun- totalitarian state I say.

I cant think of a more boring place than Cincinnati, or Dayton. I went to school at dayton- and god damn I saw the same lame bars every weeken, there is nothign, much at all to do. Columbus has nothing to do either- but Ohio State provides entertaiment. Cleveland is ok- you guys at least got the flats.

hahahaha glad to see theres other ohians other than my lucky self in here. neal, i didnt mean this to sound like im a polluting asshole, i simply meant that were getting ripped off here and something isnt right.
i wasnt sure of this was a just ohio thing, or if others had to do the same kinda thing
anyways, how hard is it for the browns to win a game? jesus christ. one superbowl isnt too much to ask? im sick of clevelands shitty sports teams