Carcass - Death or Grindcore

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Yes, but no ones'a answered the question. If Necroticism is grind, how come Heartwork isn't, when it sounds very much the same????
Are you a complete retard? Necroticism is technical death metal and Heartwork is a much more streamlined and polished form of Melo-death, not only do they sound VERY different but niether is close to being a grind record. Grind is extreme punk with simplistic composition and relentless blasting (see: Napalm death - Scum, Repulsion - Horrified, Carcass - Reek of Puetrefaction). By SOS Carcass were already using elements of DM in their sound but were still basicly a grind band, by NDTI they had almost completly left the style.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
The only thing I don't like about Carcass is the singing. It's shit, especially on Heartwork.
Bah .. It RULES and evenmore on Necroticism

Am I a retard? Because I asked why Necroticism is called grindcore by so many people? I'm sorry, you are obviously right, and they are all wrong. I bow to your superior knowledge, and as I've had enough of taking shit from people like you, I'll stick you on ignore as well.

:)

Wow, you are the dumbest person alive and a pussy to boot. If your so sure of yourself and your moronic friends who think think NDTI is grind then tell me why. Or can you not do that because you are too much of a metal illiterate?

And to answer your own qusestion you are a retard because you asked a question, got the correct answer from a good dozen people and then came back as if you hadn't taken any notice of what had been said to ask the original badly informed question again. Retard is too kind.

Well, I ALWAYS thought both Necroticism and Heartwork were both just death metal - but it's been said so many times that Necroticism is a "grindcore classic", in magazines and on the net. If anything, this thread just shows that everyone has different opinions when it comes to genre labels.

You're missing the point of my posts. I don't persoanlly see much difference, stylistically between Necro and Heartwork. What I was asking is why, if so many people in magazines etc think Necro is grindcore, how come they don't think Heartwork is too, when both are so similar?

Which magazines are you reading? They're pretty damn awful.

If you cannot see the glaring differences between the two albums then nothing I can say will change that.

Would you like me to ask Jeff and see what he thinks, next time I see him, I'll ask him.

OK

I've asked him before and he always just says that they played whatever they wanted, never had a plan of "Lets change to Death Metal" or anything, just happened.

But I'll ask him what cater"gory" he would class his various albums as.

Sorry for the smugness, but that's one of the benefits of a small metal scene in Liverpool

TakinTheMusicBack said:
You're missing the point of my posts. I don't persoanlly see much difference, stylistically between Necro and Heartwork. What I was asking is why, if so many people in magazines etc think Necro is grindcore, how come they don't think Heartwork is too, when both are so similar?

Necroticism does incorporate melody into their songs, but not nearly as much as heartwork. It has more of a "crunchy/heavy/dissonant" sound to it. Heartwork is more polished and catchy. Heartwork isn't as different from necroticism as say, symphonies of sickness is to swansong, but they aren't just alike in style. If you can't tell any difference you must not be paying attention. Try listening to them back to back.

Either way, neither album is grindcore. Just because folks write stuff in magazines doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. They were likely misinformed about what grind was or just labelled carcass as a grind band because of their previous albums and kept the label when describing the album. While Necroticism has grind elements and labelling it as a grindcore album is more forgivable, anyone who hears Heartwork and thinks that's a grindcore album is either retarded or doesn't listen to metal.

SIMPLE DEFINITIONS:

Grindcore- Hardcore riffs which grind and a celebration of life and death with a rejection of authority in favor of existential issues (Issues relating to existence)

Death Metal- Lyrics about death, pain and Suffering set to heavy music featuring tremelo strummed powerchords, bass end tuning and pummeling drums.

I personally don't see a difference and class Grindcore as either Death, Thrash or Hardcore.

Profånity said:
SIMPLE DEFINITIONS:

Grindcore- Hardcore riffs which grind and a celebration of life and death with a rejection of authority in favor of existential issues (Issues relating to existence)

Death Metal- Lyrics about death, pain and Suffering set to heavy music featuring tremelo strummed powerchords, bass end tuning and pummeling drums.

I personally don't see a difference and class Grindcore as either Death, Thrash or Hardcore.

Those definitions don't say a lot about the actual music, no?