CARCASS Producer COLIN RICHARDSON Quits Mixing New Album; ANDY SNEAP Steps In - Mar

I saw an interview with both Jeff and Bill (saw it on youtube). Jeff had an interesting take on Colin handing the mix over to Andy. Not only was Colin burnt out, but he also thinks he took on the Trivium mix because he wants to get the new Slipknot mix as well (trivium and slipknot have the same management), so if he skipped over Trivium, he may have lost Slipknot. I guess politics play a larger role than we all think sometimes...thats the music industry for ya!

Also, this album is amazing. Cant stop listening to it!

It's 2 kemper tones stacked:
tone 1 is 5150, v30s with 57 and 421
tone 2 is randall ultra channel into krank cab mic'd with AT DE250

think that's pretty much the same as on the new Trivium...
just that instead of the Randall the 5153 was used on the added track (just a center track in this case)...again Krank+AT250DE though.

Well done Andy!!!

You have officially ruined one of my (if not my ABSOLUTE) favourite albums of all times, "Necroticism...." with this latest mix.. It now sounds hollow in comparison. Great Job :bah::cry:

I saw Carcass and Immolation live in NYC a month or so ago and I asked Bill what amps he used on the album and he said the new EVH and a Bogner. It was kinda busy in there so I didn't get to talk with him much. Jeff on the other hand, is a hilarious guy, and really nice.

Definitely agree with the overall sound of Surgical Steel being excellent, however it is a bit brickwalled for my tastes. But sadly that's just how things are done these days.