CARCASS Producer COLIN RICHARDSON Quits Mixing New Album; ANDY SNEAP Steps In - Mar

Oh my god....this story is on Metalsucks and the comments section is priceless, some really really hilarious stuff on there.

IMO this rules! Colin is sort of the default guy for Carcass but Andy doing the mix is great too! Can't wait for this one!

God what is it with all these shitty blogs and ripping on Andy? It's like as soon as a mixer becomes a big name all these assholes come out of the woodwork and blame them for everything that's "wrong" with music/production.

Frankly if anyone wants to look me in the eye and say that The End Of Heartache, A Snow Capped Romance, Dark Roots Of Earth, Khaos Legions, This World They'll Drown, Tenth Dimension etc all sound "the same" then they need their fucking hearing checked!

And as for the "too compressed/brickwalled" comments, most of these idiots are just using popular buzzwords and have likely never listened to a dynamic master without complaining that "this albums too quiet"

I saw one comment suggesting Sturgis...huh? Kids these days...

"Generic Sneap production, no dynamic's, pod farm sounding guitars"(<I don't know WHERE the fuck that came from btw!)

"I know, lets get the king of generic-core to do the mix instead"

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking retard.

Care to explain yourself a bit further?? Or do you lack the basic grasp of the English language to read my comment correctly Mr. EffigyForgotten?? Suffocation "clones" NOT Suffocation.
If you wanna call me a fucking retard for no reason, at least provide a bit of information, a bit of substance that brought you to that conclusion. I bet you listen to Brutal Death Metal, correct???

Sorry for derailing this thread, I wonder if Andy still has Bill's old 5150

Me and Ammott were laughing on Skype yesterday at the amount of love out there on these posts. I actually don't think I'm a culprit of this "brickwalling" mastering, obviously a master has to be up there but when you look at what some mastering houses turn out, my stuff is always a couple of DB down to where I don't feel its affecting mix, or where the limiter is doing what I want it to do to the mix. I will of course be reamping, triggering and quantizing the piss out of this so it sounds identical to every other production I've done.

Me and Ammott were laughing on Skype yesterday at the amount of love out there on these posts. I actually don't think I'm a culprit of this "brickwalling" mastering, obviously a master has to be up there but when you look at what some mastering houses turn out, my stuff is always a couple of DB down to where I don't feel its affecting mix, or where the limiter is doing what I want it to do to the mix. I will of course be reamping, triggering and quantizing the piss out to this so it sounds identical to every other production I've done.

:lol: What's it like Andy?? Go on, does it sound like any particular era??? Bill is one of the most laid back dudes going and well able drink too considering his size. Criminally under-rated guitarist too.

Class. Ah they're a fucking great band and you can tell that they genuinely just love playing music. Was gutted when they split back in the day. Really looking forward to it, have a good feeling about it.

Me and Ammott were laughing on Skype yesterday at the amount of love out there on these posts. I actually don't think I'm a culprit of this "brickwalling" mastering, obviously a master has to be up there but when you look at what some mastering houses turn out, my stuff is always a couple of DB down to where I don't feel its affecting mix, or where the limiter is doing what I want it to do to the mix. I will of course be reamping, triggering and quantizing the piss out of this so it sounds identical to every other production I've done.

I really don't get it either :p Whenever I chuck on one of your mixes when I'm referencing etc, it never feels smashed to bits or anything like that. it's always loud but never at the expense of the mix that I've ever heard. But hey.. you're that popular and well known it would seem you're the obvious scapegoat for all those highly intelligent commenters haha

Reactions: SonicHeavenStudios