Carcass

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
Discuss this band

I recently picked up the Swansong re-issue and I have no fucking clue why it gets as much shit as it does. Not as good as Heartwork (most things aren't as good as that album), but whatever.

Great band...innovaters of so many genres...first grindcore, I never really listened to carcass early albums, second "Heartwork" the beginnings of melodic death-metal, great album in my opinion, third "Swansong" death-n-roll, I didn't like this album that much..Satyricon probably got inspiration from this album

I think you can guess how I feel about Carcass :D How can you not love 'em? They made a great grindcore album (Reek), the best grindcore album (Symphonies), one of the best death metal albums (Necrotism), the best melodeath album (Heartwork), and a good thrash album... all in 8 years!

Wonderful band, constantly morphing, great songwriters, fantastic musicians. Each album is unique and singular within its genre.

My favorites (in order):

Heartwork
Symphonies of Sickness
Swansong
Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious
Reek of Putrefaction

You and I seem to have similar taste. I'll have to get SoS asap.

I think you can guess how I feel about Carcass :D How can you not love 'em? They made a great grindcore album (Reek), the best grindcore album (Symphonies), one of the best death metal albums (Necrotism), the best melodeath album (Heartwork), and a good thrash album... all in 8 years!

My thoughts exactly. Look to the left to find my favorite Carcass album.

So, you consider Swansong to be thrash rather than death 'n' roll?

First off, fuck Heartwork. Second, Necroticism is a fantastic and very original death metal album.

So, you consider Swansong to be thrash rather than death 'n' roll?

I think Wolverine Blues when I think death n' roll. But yeah, while I've always thought of SS as thrash, I would not complain if someone used the term death n' roll. The song titles ("Keep Rotting...") are very dnr sounding for sure

Swansong is most definitely death 'n' roll.

Anyway...love,love,LOVE this band and everything they've done. And I still need to buy my ticket for the NYC show. Hope they aren't sold out or anything by now. :(