Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerich

Progressive doom
Jan 10, 2005
Phila Pa Suburbs
www.seasonofmourning
I know this will spike interest!
I love Carls on the verge of distortion guitar tone: Most of it sounds like Jacksons/Charvels?
Wonder if we could Carl to let us in on the secrets? Guitars/Effects/Power amps
Carls technique is so clean and tight.

Where dod you pull solos from? Another Planet? :loco:

<<--Carl's Biggest Fan!!!

i already know... :Spin:

but its a tightly kept secret... better let him tell you himself. :D

First of all let me use this oppurtunity to thank everybody who has supported us so far. It is truly inspiring to get so much positive feedback.

Regarding my guitars, I have been playing Ibanez RG series for the last 10-12 years. I currently have a Ibanez RG-560, modified with Dimarzio Tonezone and PAF pro, a RG-570 modified with active EMG's (I think 81 and 85 but I am not really sure..) and a RG-1527, 7 string with original pick ups. In addition I have a chead OLP MM-1 with my Roland GR-22 guitarsynth fitted, mostly for programming purposes. This guitar is actually pretty good, even though it's very cheap.

For amplifiers, I dont think I ever did two albums with the same setup...laughs..

I have previously owned a bunch of preamps including ADA MP-1, Rocktron Chameleon, Rocktron Voodovalve, JMP-1 and Mesa Boogie Triaxis.

"The imaginary direction of time" was recorded with a Triaxis going trough a Demeter head and then into a "silent cabinet", in order to cut of unwanted low frequency. This to make more space for the string section.

I currently own a Sansamp PSA-1, which i run trough a Line-6 echo modeler for lead sound. I also have a POD XT that i use for a bunch of other stuff (Funk, Jazz and whatever else i sometimes play.)

If any other questions, please let me know. You can also e-mail me at carl@carltidemann.com

Jerich said:
I know this will spike interest!
I love Carls on the verge of distortion guitar tone: Most of it sounds like Jacksons/Charvels?
Wonder if we could Carl to let us in on the secrets? Guitars/Effects/Power amps
Carls technique is so clean and tight.

Where dod you pull solos from? Another Planet? :loco:

<<--Carl's Biggest Fan!!!

Anvil Snake- wow I really did not exspect Carl to actually answer!!!!!!! that is the coolest. I am surprised that you do not get these questions already I mean. you are someone who can play and leaves the rest to dust. Your technique is so fluid many people want that type of playing and it seems like you achieved it in a short amount of time.Very Killer...thanks Carl and AnvilSnake

Hey Carl that 8 finger tap video you look like you were in pain? you said the GYM has been kicking your ass huh? when you going to be able to hold that pick again?
what is the Video format you are using there man... Great stuff...pretty.....

Status
Not open for further replies.