Your Gear thread.

plus, getting a 5150 would mean having to buy an old amp so there's a higher chance of it crapping out

Just get a 6505+. Same amp, but a later model with a clean channel. Kelly uses one with a Marshall 1960A and it blows me away every time.

So for future gear, I think I'm going to get an SWR SM900. The Parametric EQ makes me jizz and it has 1/4" outputs (same as my 810), as well as 800 watts bridged mono @ 4 ohms, while my 810 is rated at 800 watts RMS. They were made for each other.

So I think I'll shoot for the end of the year on that. Guitar Center sells them and I'll be able to get employee discount on it once I get a job there.

My gear is really lame, but I run a Jackson DXMG through a Tech 21 Trademark 10. Yeah, I still play on a shitty little 10W practice amp.

I also have a Schecter Omen-6 but frankly, it sucks.

i've heard that 6505s are great but i heard that they don't sound as good as 5150s
The only difference is the name tbh. I've played the 6505. Thick ballsy rhythm, nice biting leads, great middle, etc. They sound awesome.

Yeah, I still play on a shitty little 10W practice amp.

I played on one for about a year-and-a-half after starting...I still play on a shitty little 30W practice amp. Don't feel bad.

Here are a few pics of some of my gear.

IMG_1318-2.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

bandgearnov2008007.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

bandgear001.jpg

Picture2058.jpg

drumpics001-1.jpg

drumpics08023.jpg

you are correct

typically in a set like that, there are two sets of two different sized bass drums. but at first glance, they dont look different...
~gR~

its the exact same amp.

and swr = :erk:
~gR~

Have you played the SM900? I had the same reservations about SWR but the SM's 900 and 1500... they're a different breed. I plugged into one and it blew my fucking mind. Absolute tonal control. Not the typically thin-sounding SWR I'm used to.

Did I mention it has sweepable low and high mids as well as treble? Holy tits dude. And it's less than half the price of an Eden WT800.

Amps:

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Fender 15 W

Guitar:

Schecter 006 Deluxe Series

Other:

Boss Metal Core ML-2 distortion pedal
Marshall The Jackhammer JH-1
Bespeco VM14L volume pedal

+ A Shure C606N singing mic.

Have you played the SM900? I had the same reservations about SWR but the SM's 900 and 1500... they're a different breed. I plugged into one and it blew my fucking mind. Absolute tonal control. Not the typically thin-sounding SWR I'm used to.

Did I mention it has sweepable low and high mids as well as treble? Holy tits dude. And it's less than half the price of an Eden WT800.

but eden gives you cool points. we all want cool points
~gR~

I played on one for about a year-and-a-half after starting...I still play on a shitty little 30W practice amp. Don't feel bad.

I've been playing for nearly 3 and a half years now. For graduation I plan on purchasing a better amp with some graduation money and part of it will be a gift from my parents.