Your Gear thread.

NO!!! scooping mids never acceptable on any guitar. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER

i run my guitar amp at B5 M5 T7. perfection. well, almost
~gR~

personally, i've always had a grudge against marshalls. they're probably one of my least favorite amp companies tbh. the only marshall that i thought sounded good was the kerry king signature head

A Marshall has a great sound for rock and the various less extreme metals; trad, power and a lot of thrash can sound awesome on a Marshall, but tbh if I had $3000 I definitely wouldn't spend it on a JCM 2000 and a 4x12. I would most definitely purchase an ENGL Fireball and a Vader cab for some fucking ripping metal sound.

I'm planning on a 5150 but would prefer a fireball. If when I have the money for a 5150 the price difference isn't too much I'll just keep on saving.

A lot DM bands use Marshalls. I would not be able to afford to replace tubes which is why I went with a line 6 head because even though it's solid state sounds like a 5150 tube amp,a mesa, and Marshall mixed and is fucking Digital. I've played other solid state heads and none sound as good which is why I went with a Line 6 because out of everything it sounded most like a tube head in terms of solid state, and not being able to afford a tube head it was the most perfect choice.

out of every peavey i've tried, the JSX wins.

actually, out of every amp that i've actually played through myself, the JSX wins.

distortion wise that is

for clean tones, the Fender Blues DeVille wins

edit:

A lot DM bands use Marshalls. I would not be able to afford to replace tubes which is why I went with a line 6 head because even though it's solid state sounds like a 5150 tube amp,a mesa, and Marshall mixed and is fucking Digital. I've played other solid state heads and none sound as good which is why I went with a Line 6 because out of everything it sounded most like a tube head in terms of solid state, and not being able to afford a tube head it was the most perfect choice.

what kind of line 6 do you have?

The jsx is really quite a good amp. The EVH amp is also not bad. Now my personal fav's are Diezel's and Bogners. Diezel's are way to expensive though, and the Bogner's are wonderful

Line 6 HD150 spider 3 head. I fucking love it, but that's me. I'm a distortion junkie and it does it for me.