What's everyone's DM set up

PiercedFromWithin1

Demon Of The Fall
May 19, 2002
Lake Placid NY
Visit site
Ampeg VH-140c Head(fucking brutal, keeping this for life)
Crate Blue Voodoo 4x12 cab
Kramer

I was thinking about starting a rack mount and improving my amp heads tightness and compression and also adding a little more gain while keeping it's incredible crunch.

I use a Marshall G100R CD solid state half stack (100 watts) and ESP/LTD H-207 seven string guitars.

As for pedals, I use a Boss Metal Zone, a Boss EQ, a Dunlop Wah, and a Digitech Whammy.

I assume this is guitar. yeah....duh......but, I have a drum DM setup! :D. Of course, I use that setup for everything else i play thats not DM, so:p

Jackson Custom Dinky w/Duncans
Jackson V W/Duncans

I use 10 guage GHS strings because i tune to C# and they rock

Rocktron Pihrana and chameleon 2000

I put those through a 5150 head (First model)
with a Marchall Jcm 1960a cab ;)

Debating about running my preamps through a power amp because they sound bad ass in the studio used direct, who knows though? ;)

Ibanez 7strings (Universes/2027) with dimarzios (although seymours are looking more attractive)
Mesa triaxis preamp through boss gt-5 and marshall 100w super lead head (FX return, custom built in, it's a very very old head :D) into 2 marshall 4x12's (one of them with original greenbacks)

Along those lines, oh, and a vox wah pedal.

No distortion pedals anywhere in sight :D , and as much gain as I'll ever need :)

Welp, I don't have much, but I think my setup is good enough for a dorm room, hehe. Currently using Jackson Kelly Pro Star with Duncans, 9 gauge Ernie Ball strings, currently tuned to E, but need 10s for when I tune to C#...I'm not a huge fan of downtuning, but C# fucking rules!!!!!

Boss Metal Zone pedal, Zoom GFX-8 effects board (which I'm using for distortion as well...sounds alot smoother and punchier than the Metal Zone, although I still love the Metal Zone)

Marshall Valvestate VS 100 w/ 100 watt 12" Celestion. Good enough for practicing, not gigging yet. Not many people around base like the music I do, and if they do, they don't play. ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! THE FRUSTRATION!!!!!

I'm planning on getting a B.C. Rich Jr. V, blood red very soon. I have the cash, I just need to order it.

Oh man they just rule over all, Ive used everything from digitech's line, A Boss gt6, Zoom stuff, Pod, Johnson, The chameleon has got huge crunch gain that just kicks my sorry azzzz, And its really, Really clean because it uses the Hush technology, You would love it i think, Its great for just about everything. Its got four gain stages so I think you could easily dial up what your looking for. For warmth I also have a Pirahna too that uses tubes, But overall my chameleon will do everything that it will do and then some. But if your serious about getting one get the "Chameleon 2000" Its the upgraded newer version. Brand new they are around $450 bones and you can luck out sometimes and get them used for under $300. If you have a music store in your area that stocks them, Go give em a try :D

My gear is in major need of up-grading,but i pull through with what i got.
CMG slave power amp,Crate pre-amp,Jakson Quad (monster),Gibson SG with stock Humbucker(will be getting an EMG very soon,but the stock'o isn't to bad) HEAVY fuck'n strings(13-60) B tuned,But i find with theses strings it still gives me great tension without it be being TO tight.It still enables me to wail when i need to.Metal Zone stomp box,Cry Baby wah.
The metal zone is great but i find it to stingy even with the mids rolled right back...i want a Peavy 5150 2 real bad.

Well, my rig is undergoing some serious changes... I'm building a rack system from hell that's halfway complete (missing the stuff with a *):

Korg DTR-1 tuner
Bogner Fish preamp
*TC Electronics G-Major
*Switching unit, Bradshaw 4x4 possibly
*Midi controller
DBX Digital Dynamics Processor gate/compressor/eq/etc...
BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer
VHT 2150 power amplifier

But right now I'm using a head that needs the preamp to be pushed a bit for the crunch:

Gibson Red Bear 120 w head.
MT-2 (for signal +, not distortion)
2 4x12 Gibson Red Bear cabs

And my compliment of USA Jacksons... My custom shop Warrior, employee strathead dinky, and my custom KV2, and my SL2GX being my primary players.

Hopefully my rack will be finished in the next month or three. I can't wait. ;)

Jackson custom Rhoads USA, 2 Marshall 4x12s, Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, spiked arm gauntlet, Nile 'Catacombs' tour shirt.

Gibson/Epiphone Korina explorer.. I loaded it with Emgs (81+85) and some new hardware... Through a Mesa Boogie Dual recitfier head and 4X12 cab.. no fx needed.. butifull gain with the p/u's and natural amp distortion.. emg's and boogies go well together.. plus my guitar is just heavy too, but im very happy with my tone..