Carnal Forge and Prong

Steiner

Dyslexics Untie!
May 24, 2002
Rocklin, CA
www.google.com
Some Testament fan once told me if I like Testament I should check out Darkane. Then a Darkane fan told me I should check out Carnal Forge. So I've only been listening to them for about a year now, but every once in a while I'll hear something in a song that reminds me of old Prong - the Beg to Differ & Force Fed era. Anybody else pick up on this? And by the way...whatever the hell happened to Prong anyway?

Darkane is cool. I don't care for Carnal Forge, but I worship Prong. Prong is definitely "Old School," with punk/metal/industrial influences.

I would not be surprised if you hear the similarities when you listen to Carnal Forge.

Prong is very much alive - with a completely new line-up, thanks to TOMMY VICTOR (one of my heroes). They have been doing the club circuit, and I've heard they are about to go on tour again...

Here is the official site:

http://www.prong-23.com

Steiner said:
Some Testament fan once told me if I like Testament I should check out Darkane. Then a Darkane fan told me I should check out Carnal Forge. So I've only been listening to them for about a year now, but every once in a while I'll hear something in a song that reminds me of old Prong - the Beg to Differ & Force Fed era. Anybody else pick up on this? And by the way...whatever the hell happened to Prong anyway?

Darkane is way cool, & so is Carnal Forge, never was into Prong that much to compare them, but your headed down the right roads with those 2 bands.......I also suggest(if you don't already know, or have): The Haunted.....Amon Amarth....Soilwork....Arch Enemy.....Witchery......Dimension Zero....Terror 2000....Shadows Fall.....Callenish Circle.......Corporation 187........In Flames.......to name a few.........................

Thanks Deadly embrace. I've never heard any Witchery or Celenish Circle before. I'll check them out. As for those other bands you listed...hell ya! I've got most all their shit. There all good. I would even add Arise, Detonation, and Impious to that list.

Testament Legions said:
Prong is very much alive - with a completely new line-up, thanks to TOMMY VICTOR (one of my heroes). They have been doing the club circuit, and I've heard they are about to go on tour again...

Here is the official site:

http://www.prong-23.com

PRONG F'n rips!! I've always been into them and have seen them many times live. I would love to see a new Prong record sometimes this year, but who knows !!! :confused:

Here's a little wierd side-note to this Prong thread. I've had my car stereo stolen twice...once while in high school and once while in college. Both times I got robbed the same CD was in the player. That CD was none other than Prong's "Cleansing". Spooky fucking coincidence. Needless to say I don't listen to that CD in my car anymore.

Steiner said:
Here's a little wierd side-note to this Prong thread. I've had my car stereo stolen twice...once while in high school and once while in college. Both times I got robbed the same CD was in the player. That CD was none other than Prong's "Cleansing". Spooky fucking coincidence. Needless to say I don't listen to that CD in my car anymore.

How fitting (not in a good way :(), but those fuckers did some "Cleansing" of their own. Sorry to hear that...

Haha. Ya I guess that's true. BTW, I checked out some Callenish Circle mp3's and I was blown away. Thanks for the tip Deadly Embrace. Maybe Tower records will have one of their CD's when I go to buy the new Mors Principium Est tomorrow.

Steiner said:
Haha. Ya I guess that's true. BTW, I checked out some Callenish Circle mp3's and I was blown away. Thanks for the tip Deadly Embrace. Maybe Tower records will have one of their CD's when I go to buy the new Mors Principium Est tomorrow.

I suggest, Fleash_ Power _Dominion, or there new one My Passion//Your Pain, both are really good.

Deadly Embrace said:
I suggest, Fleash_ Power _Dominion, or there new one My Passion//Your Pain, both are really good.

I got lucky and found My Passion Your Pain at Rasputin. These guys are so solid. Just when I thought I'd heard about every good melo-death group out there worth listening to...well then I hear these guys. ;)

now playing at a ridiculously high volume...My Hate Unfolds

Deadly Embrace said:
Amon Amarth......

OMG! DE! Have you heard the new Amon Amarth? I got it on Sunday at the Gates of Metal Fest for $12.00. Dbl c.d. They kick ass! Guess I will have to go backwards on this band and pick up all their other stuff! Great band!

wroed said:
Prong's new album Scorpio Rising was due out yesterday but Locomotive Records say it has been put back to 14th July.

I found 3 songs from the new album online. It definately sounds like Prong. They even still do that signature high pitch whine w/the guitar every once in a while too. I was on their record label's site though and it doesn't sound like a US release has been planned...yet.

http://www.locomotivemusic.de/