CASSETTE CULT: New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal

I'm surprised she didn't mention how the Thin Lizzy style is making a huge comeback with these NWOTHM bands at the start, especially since she's featuring the Freeways tape front and center. Those Lizzian bands tend to be the better ones for me personally. Also bands like Angel Sword are tapping into the classic Accept sound which is cool to see.

But let's be honest here, the main reason tapes are making such a huge resurgence (besides the collector culture's inherent hipsterism) is all the poor ass countries, like in South America and much of Asia, can afford them, afford the shipping, afford to press them themselves as a label, and afford to press them as bands.

Anyway that Trapped Under Ice compilation really fucking rules. Best way to get into this stuff right now is to just pick that up.

Edit: Okay she mentions Thin Lizzy towards the end.

Reactions: VoltronLions
I'm surprised she didn't mention how the Thin Lizzy style is making a huge comeback with these NWOTHM bands at the start, especially since she's featuring the Freeways tape front and center. Those Lizzian bands tend to be the better ones for me personally. Also bands like Angel Sword are tapping into the classic Accept sound which is cool to see.

But let's be honest here, the main reason tapes are making such a huge resurgence (besides the collector culture's inherent hipsterism) is all the poor ass countries, like in South America and much of Asia, can afford them, afford the shipping, afford to press them themselves as a label, and afford to press them as bands.

Anyway that Trapped Under Ice compilation really fucking rules. Best way to get into this stuff right now is to just pick that up.

Edit: Okay she mentions Thin Lizzy towards the end.

I am happy Cassettes and Vinyl have made big comeback especially in Metal genre.