Catch 22.V.08 Thread

I like it. ;] That's true that they could make a new album instead of this one, but despite this I really like the new version of Catch 22. Especially Turn The Page and Another Dead End. Good job imho. ;)

guys the thing is, they cant make a new album atm. Instead of letting us wait a year for the new album. they did this re-release. Sort of.. just to please us fans. Remember he loved the original! All of them are doing other stuff, as you guys know. Peter doing Pain, Horgh, Immortal etc.

Maybe not a whole new album, but maybe an EP or something instead.
Tbh, I will probably not play this new version any more than i would've done with the old.

i think it's quite good, but i somehow regret downloading it, because now i know how it sounds ^^

but i would buy it anyway, i'm a hypocrisy fanboy ^^

edit: i'm really looking forward to the tinbox, somebody already got it?

i think this was unnecessary

anyway, new drum sound is better than the original... i like some songs from the original version and from this version, but i still think this is not one of the best hypocrisy albums

Oh wow this sucks fucking cock. I have to wait an hour to fucking download it again. Thanks for the password Tumn.

Thats with rapidshare... always try to find megaupload files (you just have to wait 45 seconds and you dont need to wait an hour to download files again) if you can't, use rapidshare, also always check the download website for passwords, otherwise you might downloaded your file for nothing!

I'll download it right soon btw, oh and i'm new here. :) :kickass:

I have always had a soft spot for this record. It reminds me of graduating college back in 2002. I listened to it a ton back then. With this new version, i am still able to keep the two separate, which im pretty fond of.

Even though this is just a re-release with some redone vocals, i really dig this. The drum sound is SO much better than that "st anger trash can" sound they had on the first version. However, there are a few things im somewhat dissapointed about:

The part on hatred that breaks down to a clean vocal on the origonal-"you try to twist me, i spit in your face" part. I loved the clean on the first version-i think he should have kept that version

All turns black-im still trying to figure out if he re-did the clean vocals here or not. Sometimes, it sounds the same, sometimes i listen to it and i hear a few subttle differences. however, Peter put a big reverb on the vocal track, making it sound pretty awesome.

on the upside, there are parts of these songs that i NOW can hear what he is saying-more pronounced lyrics.

Then come to Poland.

Here Catch 22 V 2.0.08 costs a lot of, god damn, money! There is a little difference between our country and others. Just imagine that (for example) 15 dollars are a lot of money here while in USA it's cash-to-school (for what I've heard).

I have always had a soft spot for this record. It reminds me of graduating college back in 2002. I listened to it a ton back then. With this new version, i am still able to keep the two separate, which im pretty fond of.

Even though this is just a re-release with some redone vocals, i really dig this. The drum sound is SO much better than that "st anger trash can" sound they had on the first version. However, there are a few things im somewhat dissapointed about:

The part on hatred that breaks down to a clean vocal on the origonal-"you try to twist me, i spit in your face" part. I loved the clean on the first version-i think he should have kept that version

All turns black-im still trying to figure out if he re-did the clean vocals here or not. Sometimes, it sounds the same, sometimes i listen to it and i hear a few subttle differences. however, Peter put a big reverb on the vocal track, making it sound pretty awesome.

on the upside, there are parts of these songs that i NOW can hear what he is saying-more pronounced lyrics.

Totally agree w/ everything you just said there (save for the graduating in 2002 bit).
I love how I can compare both albums and still enjoy them both and notice that they are different.
Hatred was fucking perfect the way it was, in my opinion, and shouldn't have been changed..but whatever..since the original version will always exist and belongs to that version only.
And same exactly for All Turns Black...I think the vocals sounds somehow different, but are almost the same..and it sounds best that way for that song.

Don't you all just love peter? Re-recording just for the fans. If you like the original or not, i can't think of any band re-releasing an album because of their fans.
For the ones who are eager to get their hands on a new hypocrisy album..., i'd rather wait a while for a killer album. Be blessed with the fact you're already infected with the virus called HYPOCRISY!!

Don't you all just love peter? Re-recording just for the fans. If you like the original or not, i can't think of any band re-releasing an album because of their fans.

I have to agree that is cool. I didn't like Catch 22, but now I do. Mission accomplished, hehe.

For the ones who are eager to get their hands on a new hypocrisy album..., i'd rather wait a while for a killer album. Be blessed with the fact you're already infected with the virus called HYPOCRISY!!

Mmmmm, sweet sweet infections.

hm, question: someelse thinks that the lyrics in the second line are different in the re release version of "seeds of the chosen one"?
seeds of the chosen one
ain't that the holy whore to make the ultimate child

the vocal line is so much shorter, impossible that the lyrics are the same imo.