Catch 33

Whoa, that sorta sucks about the drum thing. Maybe I'm just a shitty programmer, but it's approx. 31298753 easier to play drums than program a drum machine with any sort of complexity, and I'm not that good. I also have a $99 drum machine.

I want this album and Nothing, but have no money and won't for some time. Hopefully it won't go out of print in the next 6 months. :dopey:

matt99_crew said:

Good review, man. I would post my comments on the MR site, but there are already too many. Do you work for any other review sites? For me, I like Meshuggah in short yet focused stints, which means that I favor I most of all. I definitely dig Catch 33, but I can't listen to Meshuggah for long periods of time without them grating on my nerves, though somehow I'm still able acknowledge their genius. Anyway, thanks to Russell are still in order (for sending me a copy of the album)! :wave:

Thanks--Nope, I only write for MetalReview.
I can understand how Meshuggah would grate over time, and I don't ever listen to more than one of their albums back to back, but I've been known to finish one and replay it right away.

One Inch Man said:
Whoa, that sorta sucks about the drum thing. Maybe I'm just a shitty programmer, but it's approx. 31298753 easier to play drums than program a drum machine with any sort of complexity, and I'm not that good. I also have a $99 drum machine.

I want this album and Nothing, but have no money and won't for some time. Hopefully it won't go out of print in the next 6 months. :dopey:
The drums sound great, but it's a philosophical thing--especially with these guys and their whole polyrhythm bread and butter thing.