Cathis Ord

+1, I namedropped Cathis Ord in the Now Playing thread but no one really noticed. I actually did some keyboard stuff for the first track of the demo (which is now a free download on the MySpace). Definitely promising tracks, recommended!

This is some pretty decent stuff. Will have to make sure to remember to keep an ear out for more of their stuff.

Yeah, great stuff, thanks for the recommendation!

Do you know when they'll release a full length?

Wow, you guys aren't talking shit. This is very good. Downloading the demo right now. Hell, I could even buy an album of stuff like this.

Actually it's just one guy, James. He told me he had plans to get the demo printed and reviewed, and that he would get new music equipment to get recording again sometime next year. So, sadly there isn't a full-length in the making yet.

Wow, thanks to everyone for the kind words! I'm definitely getting the demo printed to CD now, so I'm hopeful of some reviews and a little press coverage. It's still really early days for Cathis Ord, like Arjen said, at the moment it's a one man band and it's taken me quite a while to get even this far. Expect a longer EP, with more accomplished production sometime late next year. A big thank you again to Arjen for the synth-work on 'As Winter Lays its Seige'.

^ Good luck to you! You certainly are off to a great start. I'll buy the EP for sure!!!

Thanks! To be honest I'm going to try and keep a lot of my music free, I'd rather have the exposure and the knowledge that people are listening, than the tiny amount I could make off CD's. Unless the EP. costs me more than I expect to record/make, it should be free too.

Thanks! To be honest I'm going to try and keep a lot of my music free, I'd rather have the exposure and the knowledge that people are listening, than the tiny amount I could make off CD's. Unless the EP. costs me more than I expect to record/make, it should be free too.

I have to say that's extremely commendable, and I for one am very appreciative of the work put in to make some really great music as well as making your material free.

It certainly is commendable. However, I don't mind supporting artists such as yourself who have a lot of talent and promise.

Really looking forward to it.

This is almost unbelievably good.

reminds me of that one band a few years ago that had only one song, pretty much sounded exactly like opeth, idr the name of it, somebody help me out here