CC..MetalZone + Recto...clips?

New Bloodbath album? ;)

Is it? That's news to me, there was a thread about the tone on that and some guy who I guess knew came in spouting some cackly-old-man nonsense about how it'd be a secret forever...

What is a CC Metal Zone anyway?

They had their own pedal model?

No no, they just use a Metal Zone to boost the Triple Recto's.

The good thing about the Metal Zone is that you can shape the guitar signal with the sweep/whatever you wanna call 'em controls on the pedal.

I do prefer my Maxon Od808 and my Ibanez TS9, but the Metal Zone is capable of creating some wicked sounds when used properly.

Didn't Carcass use MZs as boosts on swansong? or am i going mad? :)

I use a MZ in front of the amp a lot of the time, its a hell of a boost. turns my homebuilt 14watt classic rock-ish sounding amp into a br00tal monster.

still, thats all those pedals are good for, i was given mine as a birthday gift years ago. the distortion is garbage but as i said, its a hell of a boost. :)

I hate metalzone pedals, but that's because every kid I've heard using 'em is using 'em for the distortion... which is tiring to hear. But I'm sure it can contribute to some nice boosting... almost wish I had one of those instead of Hughes & Kettner's Warp Factor that I've got lying around.

I recently picked up a metal zone, I have no idea why. I guess just to be old school. haven't yet used it on anything, I'm too much of a puss. i'm afraid someone will post...."hey, that's a metal zone you newb!"

I believe they use Keeley modded Metal Zone btw. quite different than the standard one, more focused and tweakable.

cranked MZ + JCM800 is a classic match too.

I don't have a Recto :mad: but I do have a HM-2 Heavy Metal, MT-2 Metal Zone and OD-808. I might have to do a bit of a Boost shootout.

that HM-2 is jap, GuitarHack? with which amp do you usually couple it?

fucking hell...just tried it-...gain on the rec almost maxed, level on the mt-2 maxed, gain barely on (8:00)... through Marshall 1960
massive!

no time to record a sample now, but I'll post something tomorrow or tuesday....gonna be a big fucking death metal tone a la CC.

not really very tight or defined, but that was not the goal ;)

Malevolent Creation used that setup to imho, but I'm 100% sure that they used it live when I saw them (because I almost stood on the stage because the club was so crowded).