Celestion V30 and T75 \m/

Apr 2, 2009
V30 is awesome speaker! It has great mid range. But Celestion T75 has very powerful bass response! I know that it's scooped a lots. I was blowing away when checking a Marshall 4x12 cab, loaded with 4 Celestion T75 speakers, of my friend. The sound 's just awesome for rhythm work!!!! :devil:

Do you think blend V30 and T75 is good idea? Shall we have a very powerful, tight and full rhythm sound?
Have you ever tried yet?
Thank you for reading this. \m/

I used to have a cab with 4 t75s and I replaced 2 of the 75s with V30s and I ended up loving the V30s a lot more than the 75s. Probably just different tastes.

Bogner Uberkab dude! :headbang: X-pattern seems badass indeed, though I'm more keen on trying it in my Recto cab with V30s and G12K100's (used for the tones on Opeth's "Ghost Reveries" and Katatonia's "The Great Cold Distance", probably among other Jens Bogren productions)

I'm still waiting for someone to try 4 different speakers in the same cab. I suggested that to someone else who was gonna do the X pattern with V30's and something else and they thought that I was dumb. They thought 4 different speakers wouldn't work somehow. Whats the difference I ask? When I move into my house this summer, I'm getting a 4x12 and loading it with 4 different 12's. To me it makes sense. People use multiple amp rigs to get different sounds at the same time and using 2 pairs of 12's in the same cab is just an easier way to accomplish the same effect. So why not 4 different 12's?

I'm still waiting for someone to try 4 different speakers in the same cab. I suggested that to someone else who was gonna do the X pattern with V30's and something else and they thought that I was dumb. They thought 4 different speakers wouldn't work somehow. Whats the difference I ask? When I move into my house this summer, I'm getting a 4x12 and loading it with 4 different 12's. To me it makes sense. People use multiple amp rigs to get different sounds at the same time and using 2 pairs of 12's in the same cab is just an easier way to accomplish the same effect. So why not 4 different 12's?

You should bear in mind that the sound you'll get when recording wont be the sound you hear in the room; you'll probably end up having to use four different microphones to capture the sound, which will introduce phase issues.

Thank for quick replies!
The X-Pattern term means a 4x12 cab loaded with 2 different kind of speakers (e.g a pair of V30s and a pair of T75s)? I have never tried it yet. But It seems to be very good idea. And 4 different speakers in a 4x12 is even more interesting! :D At first, I just want to try to re-amp my old project with the idea of using impulses of 2 cabinet 4x12 V30s and 4x12 T75 (I downloaded hundreds of impulses of Marshall T75s from an awesome guy here) for rhythm part.
Metaltastic: do you have any raw clip of the speaker G12K100? I'd love to hear it. Thank you.

never liked the X pattern, i think it just sounds phasy, and you'll get a different sound if you move to the left or right.

the GT-75 farts out a lot quicker on the lows then a V30 too.

Im really digging the Marshall 1960 scoops again lately, something which i went off of for a long time. I think you can really only use one of them per mix unless you want to have fun with phase perhaps. Phase isnt my forte really tho, as ive not had time to properly go into it.

I think your cab may be featuring on my latest recording actually Matt :) I never liked the tones i got in my house with mine mic'd. Probably because I cant do much at immense volume at the moment...

Glad to hear it! Those impulses are okay, I think the latest Awesometime impulses are the best I've heard. I just can't deny the sound of a T75 cab in the room. So much more fun to play on but it is tricky to record. I'll still take it over a V30 cab though!

And this all depends on the amp fyi, v30's get muchas love cause of rectos and 5150's. I think they sound weird in marshalls/80's rack stuff (gp1k and mp1)

You should bear in mind that the sound you'll get when recording wont be the sound you hear in the room; you'll probably end up having to use four different microphones to capture the sound, which will introduce phase issues.

True, but when I referred to multiple amp/cab rigs, as I'm seeing a few local bands do ( I guess they like carrying shit ), it's strictly for live applications. I don't know dick about mic'ing cabs but I too would suspect that if you hoped to capture the true 'brilliance' of the 4-different-speakers-in-one-cab config you'd almost have to mic each one and maybe throw a room mic or two in too right?

In a couple months I'll be moved into my new house and I too can begin the cab mic'ing insanity you guys all love to hate.

BTW - On an unrelated note. Fuck plumbing.

In for some t75 love.

I have 75's and greenbacks in an X pattern in my legacy cab

good shit fa sho

Sorry to bump an old post, but I have been searching for raw clips of this comination. I have a framus cobra that need two more speakers for, and was looking at t75s. I have been playing with my framus direct out, and my GNX framus model (home made) running into a g25/t75 impulse (input track bussed into two, one impulse per track). The framus looses alot of tightness when the power amp isn't involved, and the gnx doesn't quite capture it the full sound, but I really like the results I am getting.

I use a 75 cab with my 6505+ head fairly regularly and it sounds great. I find it great to record with, but have more difficulty recording my Recto through my 75 cab.

Most of the time I just play them through my Mesa Stiletto cab however.

I think tuning has a lot to do with it for me. Standard E tuning i love T75's but Drop tunings V30's rule! As someone mentioned already T75's can be farty/loose sounding in low tunings, but may work for certain genres like a stoner/sludgy Crowbar sound.

Sorry to bump an old post, but I have been searching for raw clips of this comination. I have a framus cobra that need two more speakers for, and was looking at t75s. I have been playing with my framus direct out, and my GNX framus model (home made) running into a g25/t75 impulse (input track bussed into two, one impulse per track). The framus looses alot of tightness when the power amp isn't involved, and the gnx doesn't quite capture it the full sound, but I really like the results I am getting.

Well after almost 2 years I'm giving up this combo due to the fact they sound so fucking different. Like fucking scooped with fucking middy as piss.