celestion v60--v30

I could buy a Engl V60 cab cheap secondhand, but want to know if anyone has played it with their Rectifier?
I now play with shitty Marshall 1960's, so i hope that the V60 cab will be a huge improvement. Will I be disapointed and should i go for the V30 or should i buy this one?

Considering getting one of the V60 standard cabs to use with my 6505. Hate V30s, love V60s. Also love Greenbacks, but 100 watts worth of speaker with a 120 watt tube amp worries me?

ENGL cabs rock!

the v60 will KILL the marshall cab!!!

wow...I changed that opinion...like them equally much now....different flavours.

about the greenbacks: yep, kinda cool...the 6505 is biased so cold when it comes from the factory that you'll hardly achieve 80watts....6l6=30 watts per tube, but in the 5150 they only run at like 30% playte dissipation (if you're lucky......often less),......no guarantee though, don't blame me if you blow the speakers ;)

Hey lasse. Next weekend starts my first full length production this summer. We will record a fireball with the engl standart v60 cab + some other amps ....
Do you have any special tips to get the best out of the cab?
A friend of mine recorded a band last month, and was extremly pissed about the engl v60 cab. He said it sounded scooped and dull at the same time, so he borrowed my marshall v30 cab...

cheers

Yeah we are going for the Adam D/Andy sneap sound->well gained but totaly in your face....
Amps:
Engl Fireball, Engl Thunder, Peavey 5150
Cabs:
Engl V60, Marshall V30

I think I will bring my Marshall cab , so we can make a shoot out.
Good thing is, I talked to the guys and we will make 3 days guitar-recordings for 10 songs (so there is enough time for trying:) )

thanks for the answer Lasse

hate the powerball!
at least version 1 is way too fizzy, to get rid of that fizz you've got to turn down presence and treble all the way, what results in a dull sound.
there are great engl amps out there (blackmore, savage), but i HATE the PB ;)

can't imagine you're not getting way better tones from your triaxis 2:90 rig ?

btw 1500 is the price for a new head over here, you're really paying that much for that crap when it's used in the u.s.?

yes...engl in USA is like mesa in europe. tough to find, and expensive as fuck.

Actually, from what I've heard the differences in the prices of Engl stuff between here and Europe are much smaller than Mesa; maybe Germany gets Engls especially cheap though...

It is all a matter of personal preference and taste. Vintage 30s I feel are brighter and smoother than the V60s in a good way take less power to get the same result I have them in 2x12 cabs on top of the 4x12s. MY 4x12 cabs have seventy80s on the bottom and G12T 75s on top (UK version) yes the seventy80s are terrible (on their own) but they have more base, and with the G12T-75s they rock they are wired in matching pairs so I can tweak them as I like. You can go on all day about sound but its down to the components. Forget the name on the cab its about what is inside. BUt then your pickups preamps effects all have their say too. Then you can have 4 matching speakers and they can all sound individually different so who is to say what you think is best is the best, its what your used to enjoy love and in the end - that is all that matters