celestion v60--v30

Personally i think that the V60's sound good in rehearsals and live but they suck major ass when recording compared to V30's. I've replaced two of my V60's to V30's for close micing when recording.

Fredrik-Ablaze said:
Personally i think that the V60's sound good in rehearsals and live but they suck major ass when recording compared to V30's. I've replaced two of my V60's to V30's for close micing when recording.
in a few days i'll upload the v60 recordings i did today.
we'll see, perhaps you're gonna change your opinion, at least i hope so.
:headbang:

what do you dislike about the v60 in a recording situation?

HEY!!!

I deconvolved the files and they work great in Boogex...On the weekend I will make some impulses too...i am planing to make some of the Engl Vintage Cab,some marshalls and one of a crate cab...so stay tund ;)

LSD-Studio said:
haven't had the time to finish the impulses, yet.
but i did record the sine-sweep, for those of you who want to do the rest on their own here they are:
v60 sweep

it's gonna take some days until i've got the time to finish it, perhaps that already helps.

recorded thru mesa simulclass 295->engl v60->sm57->spl goldmike->rme fireface.
pics of recording setup will follow.

Great stuff! Thank you! Please make some more if you have time :)

LSD-Studio said:
in a few days i'll upload the v60 recordings i did today.
we'll see, perhaps you're gonna change your opinion, at least i hope so.
:headbang:

what do you dislike about the v60 in a recording situation?

I've been having extreme problems getting that high mid crunch that i love with the V60's, popped a V30 in the cab, miked it with two SM57's and PRESTO! There it was :)

Fredrik-Ablaze said:
I've been having extreme problems getting that high mid crunch that i love with the V60's, popped a V30 in the cab, miked it with two SM57's and PRESTO! There it was :)

i'm thinking about replacing 2 of them (in both my v60 4x12)with v30, just to keep it versatile.
how do they interact in one cab, do they "like" each other?

LSD-Studio said:
i'm thinking about replacing 2 of them (in both my v60 4x12)with v30, just to keep it versatile.
how do they interact in one cab, do they "like" each other?

Swapping more than one is probably a waste of money since V30's are so much louder than the V60's... Although the V60's roar pretty nicely in the background :)

Here's a sample I did yesterday of a Blackmore over ENGL std. Cab.
Not played very tight...I hear that two..but I spend more time playing with the amp then actually taking time to let my friend have time to play to record :)...
This is no eq, no fx at all...might be that this is a little dip on 240hz...but I'm not sure, can't hear it good on the mono speaker of the mac mini...where I'm sitting at now..(I made 2 mp3's (clean & 1 240hz dip) but not sure which one i uploaded..)

ENGL Blackmore - ENGL Std Cab.