Celtic Frost

Hey Ayeka -- if you want to hear good Celtic Frost instead of Cold Lake (shudder,) download "The Usurper", "Circle of the Tyrants", "Procreation (of the Wicked)" and "Dethroned Emperor" perhaps.

See, I've turned this thread into something good, a thread for discovering Celtic Frost! Woohoo!

how ironic that i get called "h0m0" for disliking this band:

into_glory_ride_cover.jpg

BWD you have always amused me ever since old nevermore times but this thread rules. I was going to "reply" and highlight a few of your observations but there were simply too many!

and your sig rules also.

speaking of NC, if you haven't already, you've simply got to try some of the Weeping Radish Brewery's products. especially the oktoberfest brew, which to my mind is on par with just about the best out of alte Muenchen.

phyre said:
Hey Ayeka -- if you want to hear good Celtic Frost instead of Cold Lake (shudder,) download "The Usurper", "Circle of the Tyrants", "Procreation (of the Wicked)" and "Dethroned Emperor" perhaps.

Ok I will! :D

how ironic that i get called "h0m0" for disliking this band:

They are evidently more secure in their sexuality than y00, who is GEIGH. :)

The only Celtic Frost song I know is Procreation of the Wicked (which kicks ass), and if that's a good indicator of them, I like them. Must to be buying of their stuff now.

NAD said:
The only Celtic Frost song I know is Procreation of the Wicked (which kicks ass), and if that's a good indicator of them, I like them. Must to be buying of their stuff now.
That is one of their classic songs and is representative of what they sound like on the first album "Morbid Tales". The second, "To Mega Therion" has better production, more speed and some rather avant-garde stuff for the time such as use of orchestral instruments. The third, "Into The Pandemonium" I haven't heard personally but it's generally considered the last of their albums that is worthy of purchase.

phyre said:
That is one of their classic songs and is representative of what they sound like on the first album "Morbid Tales". The second, "To Mega Therion" has better production, more speed and some rather avant-garde stuff for the time such as use of orchestral instruments. The third, "Into The Pandemonium" I haven't heard personally but it's generally considered the last of their albums that is worthy of purchase.
Cool. The only one I have heard to keep far away from is Cold Lake. Well, except from BWD and Dreamlord, but what the hell do they know anyhow. :loco:

Yeah, well, after the fiasco of Cold Lake they released an album called "Vanity/Nemesis" which was apparently not quite as horrible, but you might want to proceed with caution to that one anyway. Get the first three first.