Centerstage was the home of....wrestling?

espz

Sep 23, 2011
Colorado Springs
So I didn't know this, maybe everyone does and I'm just out of the loop. I was reading about Andre the Giant's last tv appearance and it just happened to be in one of our favorite places:

Reactions: Kez
Yes, you are out of the loop :) Center Stage is like wrestling Mecca, I feel like I have to pause and have a moment of silent appreciation of walking in hallowed ground every time I approach the front of the building. This was a long time home of wrestling broadcast on Saturday night on TBS for years before the era of WCW Monday Nitro. We should all let out a shout of WHOOOO! every time we enter the building once graced by Ric Flair!

A brief Wikipedia reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_Stage_Atlanta#WCW_Saturday_Night_.281989-1996.29

Reactions: Kez
I'm a huge wrestling fan... I watched NWA and WCW when it was filmed at Center Stage... when I'm walking around in the dressing rooms I think to myself, "this is wear the Nature Boy was putting on his robe" or this is wear the Road Warriors cut all those famous promos... a lot of history there!