Cephalic Carnage World Tour!! and kidnaps a "trendy metalcore kid" on their new video

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
cephalic2002three.jpg

CEPHALIC CARNAGE Complete Work On New Video, Announce European Tour Dates - Feb. 24, 2005

Relapse Records avant tech/grind band CEPHALIC CARNAGE have completed work on their first video "Dying Will Be the Death of Me" for their upcoming album "Anomalies" to be released by Relapse on March 15. The video was shot on location in Thousand Oaks, ca and in the studio in Burbank, CA with veteran filmmaker Darren Doane (SHADOWS FALL, DEFTONES, SICK OF IT ALL) on Mon. Feb 21 in what the band describes as "probably the wettest we've ever been without female attention." The video will include an abduction scene in which the band kidnaps a "trendy metalcore kid" and make him listen to real metal before being forced to watch "one of metal's crappiest, CEPHALIC CARNAGE" perform their version of "AT THE GATES spending the night at Steve Harris' house while trying to perfect the Boston laser gun riff with Chuck Schuldiner."

The video should see the light of day by the time the album is released on March 15. CEPHALIC will then head out on an expansive tour for the record which will of course include plenty of U.S, Canadian, European, Japanese, and South American Dates. While U.S. dates are still being confirmed, here is a list of European dates:

May 28 - An Club - Athens, GRE
Jun. 01 - AJZ Bahndamm - Wermelskirchen, GER
Jun. 02 - Vera - Groningen, NETH
Jun. 03 - 013 - Tilburg, NETH
Jun. 04 - Waldrock - Bergum, NETH
Jun. 05 - Rockstation - Halle, GER
Jun. 06 - tba - Berlin, GER
Jun. 07 - Black Pes - Prague, CZR
Jun. 08 - TBA - Vienna, AUT
Jun. 10 - N8 - Osnabruck, GER
Jun. 11 - Lintfabriek - Kontich, BEL
Jun. 12 - Goudvishal - Arnhem, NETH
Jun. 13 - Backstage - Munchen, GER
Jun. 14 - TBA
Jun. 15 - Alpheus - Rome, ITA
Jun. 16 - La Sfinge - Brescia, ITA
Jun. 17 - Kulturwerk 118 – Sursee, SWI
Jun. 18 - TBA - Paris, FRA
Jun. 19 - Le Confort Moderne - Poitiers, FRA
Jun. 20 - Plug - Bordeaux, FRA
Jun. 21 - Pub Edaska - Bilbao, SPA
Jun. 22 - Ritmo y Compas - Madrid, SPA
Jun. 23 - Mephisto - Barcelona, SPA
Jun. 24 - TBA - Toulouse, FRA
Jun. 25 - Furyfest - Le Mans, FRA
Jun. 26 - Graspop - Dessel, BEL
Jun. 27 - Roadhouse - Manchester, UK
Jun. 28 - Josephs Well - Leeds, UK
Jun. 29 - Barfly - York, UK
Jun. 30 - Barfly - Glasgow, UK
Jul. 01 - TBA
Jul. 02 - Old Angel - Nottingham, UK
Jul. 03 - Barfly - Cardiff, UK
Jul. 04 - Garage - London, UK
Jul. 06 – TBA - Reykjavik, ICE
Jul. 07 - TBA - Reykjavik, ICE
There new album rules. That is great they are going to Iceland, Exhumed, Amon Amarth, sucessfuly did. I think the new album is there best one out to date.

after making him listen to real metal, they should have made him say something stupid like some of these real metal bands look like ripoffs of his fav metalcore band and then have them bash his brain out with their electric guitars!!! \m/ :Spin: :cool:

VEHEMENCE said:
The video will include an abduction scene in which the band kidnaps a "trendy metalcore kid" and make him listen to real metal before being forced to watch "one of metal's crappiest, CEPHALIC CARNAGE" perform their version of "AT THE GATES spending the night at Steve Harris' house while trying to perfect the Boston laser gun riff with Chuck Schuldiner."

Cephalic Carnage rules, but seriously, is this a joke? That's the worst idea I've ever heard. I kinda figured it was just a few ignorant people on the internet who liked to insult hardcore, but to make a video about it? And saying a "metalcore kid" is kinda like saying a "thrashy black metal kid". The subgenre of metal is hardcore, and it can be mixed with any other metal style, usually just by adding breakdowns. I'm not big into the hardcore image (specifically fashioncore) but I think that video is the same as "kidnapping" a guy in corpse paint and armor cause you don't like the way true black dresses. And most hardcore and metalcore is heavier than a good portion of the rest of metal. People need to realize theres a difference between hardcore and numetal (i.e. nu is a fad like hair metal was, hardcore is just the newest metal style).

If the ignorance and belligerence is widespread enough that a band would make a video like that, there is a serious fucking problem in metal right now.

Metalcore sucks kid...and it's nothing but a trend that will be dead by at least 2007. Every metalcore kid thinks he's cool by bashing nu metal...it's a trend to beat that dead horse incessantly now is it. Metalcore has deeply effected the extreme metal underground with a bunch of a femme know it alls saying "bro" every other word. God guys...just admit it, back in the early 2000s and the 90s you DID NOT think extreme metal was cool. It was nothing but "satanic" music to you guys. As soon as newer bands that had a "young guy" image came out, integrating Slaughter of the Soul riffs, singing emo choruse...you thought it was cool. I'm sick of this trendy metalcore horse shit that's been filtering and ruining everything. Nu metal was horrid, but it was very separate from the death and black metal scenes. All these hardcore kids need to take their spinkicking and their boring breakdowns and get the fuck out. You will never understand how metal once was...

TrueBeliever said:
Cephalic Carnage rules, but seriously, is this a joke? That's the worst idea I've ever heard. I kinda figured it was just a few ignorant people on the internet who liked to insult hardcore, but to make a video about it? And saying a "metalcore kid" is kinda like saying a "thrashy black metal kid". The subgenre of metal is hardcore, and it can be mixed with any other metal style, usually just by adding breakdowns. I'm not big into the hardcore image (specifically fashioncore) but I think that video is the same as "kidnapping" a guy in corpse paint and armor cause you don't like the way true black dresses. And most hardcore and metalcore is heavier than a good portion of the rest of metal. People need to realize theres a difference between hardcore and numetal (i.e. nu is a fad like hair metal was, hardcore is just the newest metal style).

If the ignorance and belligerence is widespread enough that a band would make a video like that, there is a serious fucking problem in metal right now.

You are a fucking moron.

Hardcore isn't even metal, and I'll leave it at that.

Ha, you fools. I got into metal listening to thrash bands, and now I listen to mostly viking and folk. I don't listen to powermetal or hardcore, and I fucking hate goth metal, but it'd still make a really stupid video if CC did that to a goth kid.

Dreadful said:
but at least it was very seperate from the death and black metal scenes

I don't know anymore, I saw a ton of slipknot and korn shirts the Behemoth/Suffocation.
Dreadful said:
You will never understand how metal once was...

Was? I doubt it's what you meant, but that just makes you sound like you don't like hardcore cause it's new.

Basically, I couldn't resist the oppurtunity to argue a bit, but I think the animosity towards hardcore is annoying (it's just as annoying when the fashioncore guys bash thrash/death). Plus, I've only seen this level of elitism on the internet, almost noone I've met has any problem listening to both hardcore and metal (every music style thats heavy is metal, which is kinda what metal means)

Vehemence said:
ha, pfft youself

you can not take cephil carn seriously. remember blackmetal sab,were they all wore masks ,that was hillarious.nor should you take the john is missing comment seriously,ps lighten up.

I actually had about 6 or 7 beers in me when I typed that post but ah well...it needed to be said. I probably would have said it a little nicer though haha...

I really haven't heard much Cephalic Carnage after "Exploiting Dysfunction" but I'm interested to hear more now that they're making fun of a metalcore kid. Just kidding. I've really just been lagging when it came to them, but I'll check the newer stuff and will see them on tour! if they play in southern cali!

I heard the new album now, all of it, and its by far the best Cepahlic record out to date. The have sludgy, mastadon, some metalcore riff breakdowns in their stuff, very blood duster like stuff on their new album. Cant wait to see the music video! haha "pfft" is just an expression noise haha.

I was just playing devil's advocate, I'm the "metal" one out of my group of friends, the rest are more hardcore.

Is it true Cephalic Carnage is banned from playing in Baltimore?