Cephalic Carnage - Xenosapien info? DAVE OTERO <3

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
This album's production blows me away. It does EVERYTHING right. Natural, huge guitar tone. Mega natural sounding drums, fairly raw, yet still really "mixed" sounding. NOT SMASHED TO FUCK EITHER! :D:D
Textbook example of how to perfectly produce a metal album imo

Can we get some info on this production? What guitar amp was used? What mics on the cab? Info on the drums? Sample augmented or all natural? Vocal chain? Etc :)

This album's production blows me away. It does EVERYTHING right. Natural, huge guitar tone. Mega natural sounding drums, fairly raw, yet still really "mixed" sounding. NOT SMASHED TO FUCK EITHER! :D:D
Textbook example of how to perfectly produce a metal album imo

Can we get some info on this production? What guitar amp was used? What mics on the cab? Info on the drums? Sample augmented or all natural? Vocal chain? Etc :)

I *think* it was a Recto on that recording. Dave posted about it a while ago.

SEARCH NOOB FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

:kickass::)

-Joe

beast!

i still wanna know whether these drums are all natural, holy fuck they sound so good!

Awesome album and they are great live, hilarious dudes. We played with them at a Metal fest here with some tr00 serious kvlt black Metal bands like Watain, and CC came out on stage wearing panda masks...:lol:

Hey dudes, thanks for the kind words!

Details are a little fuzzy at this point but I'll do my best. Kick are all sample. I think I blended a sample of his actual kick from the session and the sample I had made for Anomalies. I tried to keep it sounding real and somewhat dynamic. Snare is a blend of sample and mic. Sample was from the session as well and only really used to get a better grip on dynamics. Took me a long time to phase align all those hits. Toms are all natural and sound good pretty much because John is a god.

I covered the other stuff in the thread J.Davis linked.

LOOOOOVE this album, production and songs. Thought about creating such a thread several times of the last months but I thought nobody would care haha. ;)