Charlie Benante update on Worship Music

I'm holding my thumbs for the soon to be released first single which was added to the album during Joeys rerecording sessions called "Loosing the Momentum". I also noticed "New Noise" was replaced with "Pokerface" on behalf of Scott.

i hope that 'Pokerface' isn't a cover-version of the Lady Gaga-song and 'Loosing the Momentum' is a cover of Justin Bieber's 'Baby', "i'm loosing, loosing, loosing oohhhh". Anthrax 2011

Interesting what Charlie had to say about how much better albums would be if they could play them extensively on tour and then record them. That's how Floyd did Dark Side - they played it for months on tour before they hit the studio.

Interesting what Charlie had to say about how much better albums would be if they could play them extensively on tour and then record them. That's how Floyd did Dark Side - they played it for months on tour before they hit the studio.

That would be cool if it were a few months. But we are talking what 6 or 7 years since he last Anthrax album? It's not that difficult to put 10 songs onto a CD and release it. They might as well tour for another 5 years and then they will be so old they can't even perform on a stage any longer. Then this new album would be epic if that theory was true.

When I talked to them last time they were in Columbus they basically said they don't even want to give that guy a second of time/publicity. So no, I guarantee we'll never get to hear those versions. Unless someone leaks them years and years down the road after the Joey versions come out. If someone leaks them before they release the finished version of the album, there'd be lawsuits and all sorts of things. But if the album comes out, they tour, and then they start to move on doing other things, it might not negatively affect them as bad for it to leak...

Just wanted to tell I am SO FKING EXCITED about the new Anthrax album. Seriosuly, still, after all this time...!?

Man - think about all the material they must've reherased and played. Songs they've skipped. Songs they've perfected. When did they even start working on the album (i.e. getting song ideas) the very first round? 200...6?

I really believe it will be kick ass (yes, I both took and still take stand, "John Bush" is the man). But I admit, I can not be on hold forever. I am afraid my connection to the band slowly gets weaker for each month without a new album ... but, with a new album out, the connection can be as strong as before. I do not really doubt that. :headbang:

When I talked to them last time they were in Columbus they basically said they don't even want to give that guy a second of time/publicity.

Who told you that? Just curious. I'm in contact with a guy who's told me he's "working on leaking it" but I doubt it would be that easy.

Charlie says it is "still" named worship music. They are going to change the name of the album when it's due to be released?

I think they should change the name to 'Worship Metal' or something totally different, because when you do a 'Worship Music' search on the web all this religious music stuff pops up.