Charlie played w/ SOAD last night

remington69

Music + Science = Sexy
Feb 7, 2003
NW Chicago 'burbs
www.livejournal.com
I was at the System of a Down show last night when, all of a sudden, I see Scott, Charlie, and Spitz being led back to the soundboard!! My husband and I were going nuts!

Scott was singing along and head banging like no one else. Then, midway through the set, they make their way back to the side of the stage. Next thing I know, Chalie's up on stage behind the kit! He played for the song "Pogo" while Scott filmed him. It was so freakin' awesome! All the folks around me were like, "Who the fuck is that?" Meanwhile, hubby and I were chanting "Charlie, Charlie, Charlie!":headbang:

I almost makes me not feel bad for not making the trip up to Milwaukee tonight for the Thrax/Priest show. Almost.

Oh yeah, for all those wondering, SOAD put on a killer show. Say what you want about the band, but I think they are great live performers and great band.

The opening band was The Mars Volta. They did not impress me. Yeah, they have some killer riffs and stuff, but most of their set was "noise"... just random chords and synthesized shit that went on forever. I seriously was falling asleep in my seat.

cool! I almost ended up getting tickets for that show :cry:
I really liked the last System of a Down album a lot. They are about the only one of the recent generation of metal bands (a category which they don't fully fit in) that I listen to. And as for their politics, hell yeah I say at least the band has something to say.

Thanks Rem. The only time I saw SOAD was on Metallica's Summer Sanitarium tour in 2000. I was in the nose bleeds at the LA Coliseum and could feel their energy and see 15 year olds next to me screaming the lyrics back - that's when I knew I would hear more from them.

I saw them right after their first album came out. They followed Static-X right after their first album had came out. I thought Static-X ruled completely and had a huge energy level compared to SOAD. I thought they were annoying, then they grew on me, and I saw them with Slipknot, Rammstein, Mudvayne and No One. No One was Papa Roach with balls, it's a shame they didn't go somewhere. SOAD has gotten back to the annoying stage with me.

I think you meant "Bounce", it does say pogo, pogo... and I know of one other time Charlie played it with them. I missed this tour, but on the Toxicity one they were awesome.

ahh that would have been so badass to see

i love system of a down, on record and esp live.............. hypnotize is out very very soon........ the only album that can possibly beat mesmerise for album of the year ;)

Mars Volta is basically a pile of shit in the form of music. I saw them on the same tour with SOAD and I almost had to leave. SOAD was good though - I would have loved to see Charlie drum for them.

yeah they rock I saw them at the coliseum in 2000 my hometown of san diego a few times and just last summer at long beach arena.I love there new album and cant wait for the next.

anthraxfan442 said:
am i the only one here who doesnt like soad?x

its cool that charlie jammed with them though, this should happen more often in the metal scene
you're not.....I really cant stand them, I dont see what anybody could see in them.

The new SOAD record is one of the best of the year. It's up there with the Corrosion of Conformity record as one of the most complete metal albums in a long time.

SOAD is also a band that is heavily influenced by Anthrax. Just listen to the riffs: They would be at home on any pre Sound of White Noise Anthrax record. Good stuff. Malakanian has the thown a lot of love Anthrax's way over the years in interviews and such.

anthraxfan442 said:
am i the only one here who doesnt like soad?x
You're not alone. The guys voice bugs me, a few okay riffs here and there. Didn't mind the political messages in earlier albums, but the lyrics on Mesmerize were flat-out childish and moronic. I mean, my 3-year-old son could write more intelligent lyrics than some of that crap.

I saw Charlie with SOAD back in 2001 i'm thinking whenever System was last on ozzfest at the Chicago stop Charlie was on the kit for I think the same song