Cheap V30's in EU?

korpse pop

Horde of Undead Vengeance
Jun 22, 2005
Where could I buy cheap Celestion V30 online? I quess they're cheap in UK?
I'd need to get 2 of them for my 4x12 cab with G75s and do the X pattern thing

buy a HB cab with v30 (like 348€ or so). replace all for with whatever crap speakers and sell the now crappy cab for 150€ or something.

= 4 v30 for 50€/speaker

I heard discussion about 2 different kind of V30. I never knew if it was bullshit or not.
but I also read people talking about it in here.

I guess it's just some big shit talking.... but it's true that it's a little strange that Harley Benton can sell a cab with 4 V30 for 345 euros.

I don't think that it's that strange, if they buy 10.000 V30s, they won't pay 120 Euros per speaker (more like 40-50).
So the spend like 150-200 Euros for the speakers, 50 for the cabinet itself it's around 200-250 Euros.

different v30's? There are v30's produced in England and chinese made v30's. Maybe there is a difference between them?

I doubt Celestion would compromise the quality; I'm sure they make sure all their Chinese (slave) labor follow the same exacting standards their British laborers do! :Smug: And AFAIK, the only company that still has British-made Celestions in their cabs is Mesa, everyone else uses Chinese now...

I don't even think you'll be able to tell, honestly! :erk: (I know all the V30s in the cabs that I've owned, which comes out to 12 total haven't said where they were made!)

HAHAHAHAAHAHahahaha, nope, those tricky bastards :lol: (though you reversed it, they can say "r" but not "l" ;) - hence "I'm so ronery, no one roves me :D)

I doubt Celestion would compromise the quality; I'm sure they make sure all their Chinese (slave) labor follow the same exacting standards their British laborers do! :Smug: And AFAIK, the only company that still has British-made Celestions in their cabs is Mesa, everyone else uses Chinese now...

Mesa, Bogner and CAA have first choice is what I've heard. The rest get the leftovers.

HAHAHAHAAHAHahahaha, nope, those tricky bastards :lol: (though you reversed it, they can say "r" but not "l" ;) - hence "I'm so ronery, no one roves me :D)

A teacher of mine told us a story about some Japanese congratulating his colleague on his election. Needless to say it suddenly became a very akward situation :lol:

As for the V30s, I bought a seperate one from a friend of mine and it says "Made in Ipswitch, England" if I recall correctly. I don't know if he had bought it seperately or it came from his 2x12" Framus. My 4x12" Framus has chinese v30s.

A teacher of mine told us a story about some Japanese congratulating his colleague on his election. Needless to say it suddenly became a very akward situation :lol:

As for the V30s, I bought a seperate one from a friend of mine and it says "Made in Ipswitch, England" if I recall correctly. I don't know if he had bought it seperately or it came from his 2x12" Framus. My 4x12" Framus has chinese v30s.

Same thing happened to a guy from my hometown whose name was Alvin (or, as he said, Arvin). He had been chatting with the local representative, and said "Good ruck in your next erection". He did a lot of carpentry, so he always had a radder in the back of his Chevroret.

Back to V30s, has anybody here tried out the Warehouse Guitar knockoff of the Vintage 30? I've considered getting a couple and doing a cross-pattern in my 1960a cab, but won't bother with the WGS unless they have the V30 characteristics that I like.

Mesa, Bogner and CAA have first choice is what I've heard. The rest get the leftovers.

CAA?

HAhahahahahaahahaha, "erection" :lol: Nah, it just says "Celestion - Ipswich, England" (as in, where the company is based, there's no mention of "made in" unfortunately)