Check my mix (opinions needed)

Liam Thompson

Lord of the Strings
Jan 13, 2004
Sunderland, England
www.avenger-uk.com
I am recording my band's new demo and after several days of mixing and I need to take a small break and need some outside opinions on how to improve the mix.

After listening on other systems I think I have too much reverb on the snare, toms and possibly the vocals.

I have tried to remove most of the fizz from the POD XT by notching 13k and then applying a low pass on all frequencies abouve 13k. However I still think the tone needs improving as it still sounds a little fake and fizzy.

Here's the link
Waste of a Soul (Test Mix)

Any tips and opinions are greatly appreciated.

The stream wasn't working earlier. It is now though.

It sounds good, the biggest problem is that the "fizz" is still there, 13k is a guide for *most* of the POD's fizz. The fizz can be found in different places depending on the patch. You're going to have to "snipe out" (locate and remove) the fizz yourself unfortunately.

Razorjack said:
The stream wasn't working earlier. It is now though.

It sounds good, the biggest problem is that the "fizz" is still there, 13k is a guide for *most* of the POD's fizz. The fizz can be found in different places depending on the patch. You're going to have to "snipe out" (locate and remove) the fizz yourself unfortunately.

Cheers, I got rid of the fizz before I posted this mix but then lost any high end on the guitars. I guess I should use a much tighter Q and locate it that way.

Did you not think there was too much reverb on the snare or toms Razorjack?